FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
489 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hello All,

RUT955 has required a SIM card for the GPS feature or it works with another network.

I found error "no signal found" with or without sim card.

Thank you

1 Answer

–1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

GPS works without the SIM card inside the device, it just might take some time to get a location fix.

Make sure the GPS antenna is attached to the router and has a clear view of the sky, preferably, the antenna is outside.

Could you tell, which firmware version your device is using?

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello,

I make a setup in view of the sky and the antenna is also attached but still, the same error was found.

FW: 00.07.02.07

Troubleshoot file share you on private msg.

Thank you.
by anonymous
How was this resolved?  On some devices we are seeing GPS not working when SIM card is not inserted.

Variety of RUT955 batches built using SDK 00.07.02.7

Some always hardware works fine - others not
by anonymous
Hello,

No still the problem is same.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you update to 7.3.4 firmware and see if the issue is still present, then send a new troubleshoot file, if it does?

A modem firmware update can be attempted, since GPS is the feature of the module itself. I could send you the instructions on how to perform it.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Could you send instructions on the modem firmware update please as I think that's the best shot here.
by anonymous
Sent you a private message.