FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
294 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I have RUT11 & have configure two VLANS
VLAN1 = 192.168.1.1/24

VLAN2= 192.168.3.1/24

From device CIi, i want to check internet on 2nd VLAN as sometimes, 2nd VLAN is unable to reach internet from LAN devices so i want to ping 8.8.8.8 from cli from 2nd VLAN

How may i do it ?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It would help to know, how have you configured the VLANs, (port based, Q - tag based), how do your firewall zone settings look in regards to VLANs, but, for example, if you are logged in the terminal from 192.168.1.1 IP, within the terminal you should be SSH to 192.168.3.1 and simply execute the ping command:

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I think what you're looking for is a way to specify which IP address should be used as a source IP address when ICMP (ping) packet is being generated by the system. To accomplish this, the following command may be used using Teltonika's CLI (SSH):

ping -I <SOURCE_INTERFACE_IP_ADDRESS> <DESTINATION_IP_ADDRESS>

For example, you may use the following command, assuming your VLAN interface IP address on the router is 192.168.100.1:

ping -I 192.168.100.1 8.8.8.8

To figure out what IP address you'd like to use as source IP address, you may issue the following command in the CLI of the router/gateway:

ip -4 -br address

Additional available flags for ping program can be checked with the help flag:

ping -h