FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
662 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hello. I ask for a little patience. I want to connect to a wifi and use it as a wan to do load balancing but I can't connect the Rutx12 to wifi and use it as a wan. I saw the recommended videos and the history of this forum, but I'm doing something wrong.

1 I scan the networks and join the wifi as a wan

2 In configuration I leave the default values

3 wifi seems to work

4 I can't get past here. The interface is stopped.

Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Does the LAN subnet differ from the subnet of the access point you connect your RUTX12 to?

Best regards,
0 votes
by anonymous
Did you choose the "Scan" option or the "Multi AP" option when connecting to the WLAN?

When I tinkered with similar settings, I had the same issues while connecting to a single AP. After turning it off, it wouldn't turn back on again for whatever reason. When choosing the "multi AP" option, the interface seems to connect to the closest access point with the strongest signal. It did not lose connection anymore in my case. Hope this helps!
by anonymous
Thank you for your answers, but I can't get it to work. I can't get past point 4 above. I think the fault is that the new network interface and the WANG do not have an IP address. I follow the guidelines in this video

https://youtu.be/INGKWNqnZZ0
by anonymous

Have you made any additional device configuration changes, or have you updated router's firmware recently?

Could you please reset the device to factory defaults and try again?

by anonymous
The fw version is 00.07.02.7 I have factory reset and still the same. The wireless network created in wifi 2.4GHZ works but the network interface has no ip address, it is stopped.
by anonymous
For future reference, during remote it was found that incorrect pre-shared key value was used.
by anonymous
The support guy was very patient with me, but the bad news is that the problem persists.

I made a new connection to another wifi network and the system continues to act in the same way, it does not give me an ip in the network interface. The names and passwords are all different so as not to create conflicts. I don't know how to write code, I'm a normal user, not a computer engineer.

I need the router to connect to Wi-Fi networks and balance the load with the two SIMs. If this is not possible without going to technical support, please let them know.

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file via private message.. Please, replicate the issue by connecting to the other WiFI network, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

by anonymous

Fixed!

I connected to my own Wi-Fi and since I was already connected I understood that I did not have to enter the original password. The result is that it created a connection with a new password and not the actual password of the router you were trying to connect to. An absurd mistake!

I apologize to the technical service for their time. The RUTX12 now flies at 300Mb/s. Actually, it always worked fine, but I didn't know that  blush