Hi! I'm currently struggling with setting up a RUTX10 in a way, so it acts as a WLAN client and allows me to connect non-WLAN-capable devices to an existing network using the ethernet ports. Additional networks are not needed in this scenario. All devices should be in the same broadcast domain. I'm basically looking for a similar setup like we did with Unifi before: One AP acts as a repeater and the ethernet ports on the AP can be used to connect further devices.
This is what I did so far:
1. I deleted all the WAN interfaces since there's no WAN uplink needed (Network -> Interfaces)
2. I deleted all the WLAN interfaces since "Access Point" functionality is not needed (Network -> Wireless)
3. I enabled the "Multi AP" option, set the network name "MAIN" and made a zone "main" since the wizard asked for a new zone (Network -> Wireless -> Multi AP) Then I added the companies SSID and Key, enabled that profile and saved it. After some time the interface came up and was connected to the companies WLAN (yay!)
4. The new Interface appeared and got a DHCP lease from the companies WLAN (Network -> Interfaces) The webgui was not accessible from that address, so I set the firewall to "accept all" and deleted the new rule, the wizard just created in step 3. The webgui was now accessible from the companies network (yay!)
5. I chose the LAN interface and changed the physical port to eth1 (I assume this is the physically "WAN" labeled port) to use it as a management port with the default local IP address. It works, I'm connected to the webgui using that port and the default IP
6. I chose the MAIN interface, enabled "Bridge interface" and selected the physical Interface eth0
At this point the "MAIN" interface loses the IP address, so it's no longer accessible from the companies network. This would be okay, but clients connected to the ethernet ports can't connect to the company network either. I have no idea how to proceed there.
Thanks in advance!