FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
262 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I'm looking for a router that handle 1000M internet connection. I see other manufacturers have tables of speed test what the hardware can handle. In this forum there is several different answers how much the rutx series have in nat throughput. One thread say it handles any speed another only 450 Mbps. Can someone clarify this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Though RUTX series devices have ethernet ports rated 10/100/1000Mbps, in actuality it never completely reaches these speeds.

Below are some results from from iferf3 testing with the following topology:

PC LAN→ RUTX08 LAN → WAN → RUTX09 LAN

Best regards,
by anonymous
Is that with NAT? Becouse other post talkted about 450Mbps NAT througput. I know that if you att FW rules and so on it will effect the performance. Do Rutx09 have the same hardware as Rutx08 +lte and gps?
by anonymous

Hello, 

Just to be clear - you might see lower than 1 Gbps throughput egress/ingress, via WAN interface due to several factors, one of them being firewall, especially if more firewall rules are configured (and they are complex). It is possible to enable "Software flow offloading" option via WebUI, at Network > Firewall > General Settings [default tab]. By doing this, you should definitely see throughput increase. 

Flow offloading in general will bypass certain chains/tables if it's a known packet (this happens thanks to conntrack). According to kernel.org nf_flowtable documentation, known packets may "bypass the classic forwarding path". This is also known as fast path. Source: https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/networking/nf_flowtable.txt