FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
495 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello and thanks in advance for you support. We use your RUT240 routers in hundreds of IoT sites with Zerotier service. One of their issues is the data volume consumed by the service itself and obviouslly is worse in mobile applications (more than a 1GB/month following our measures).  They're working in that point from a while and they've almost ready a new version with a low bandwith mode that will fix the problem. As you can guess, this new version is very interesting to be upgraded in your routers. Which are the right steps to get it? Is there any option to upgrade the package by our selves. Your current version is 1.6.5 but the official last one is 1.10.2 so I am concerned that it will take you a long time to incorporate this update.

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

ZeroTier will be updated to v1.10 in the upcoming 7.3 firmware release. The firmware is being finalized and is currently undergoing testing. It should be released by the end of the year.

At the moment, unfortunately, it is not possible to have updated ZeroTier version.

Apologies for delays and inconveniences.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thanks for you quick answer!

Very good news!. I wonder if it would be possible to coordinate with zerotier just in case they're close to release the new low bandwidth mode version so you can incorporate it to your new 7.3 release in time. It would be a huge improvement for people and companies using zerotier in your routers.

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hello,

How long will it take for version 1.10.3 to be available on teltonika devices?

The improvement of low bandwidth is very important to us.

Best regards.
by anonymous
hello ZygimantasBliu, any news on the zero-tier update? The low-bandwidth mode is crucial for us.
by anonymous
I asked with a ticket and they gave me the same answer as another user wrote a few weeks ago, I have to create the package with this myself:

--

Version 1.10.3 is not yet available and the date is unknown, however, you can compile the 1.10.3 version yourself using the relevant SDK. Just set:

PKG_VERSION:=1.10.3
    PKG_HASH:=f2ce8a63a459a5fab129fb398e379b8c0875bdfeccb7bf15f9683ad22e43e629

in packages/network/services/zerotier/Makefile.

The ipk file for the RUT240 will be in bin/packages/mips_24kc/base after the build.

--

The problem is that sometimes it gives me problems and doesn't always work. A user created the package for me (thanks a lot to flebourse).

For us without the low consumption mode it is not profitable to use zerotier even if the price per node is unbeatable if we have to pay a brutal overcharge for the data traffic.

Moreover, activating the low consumption mode is not as easy as it may seem.

In the end we will use Lt2P or other routers...