FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
756 views 5 comments
by anonymous

FW version: TRB5_R_00.07.02.8

Internal modem FW version: RG501QEUAAR12A05M4G_OCPU_BETA_20211020D

Trying to use the device in Finland in Elisa network, but it keeps disconnecting randomly, usually overnight, although there are some quick disconnections more frequently... Also, bridge mode doesn't seem to work at all as the device simply loses mobile signal altogether when you try to use it (I'd like to use it as a bridge with another router/firewall). Modem FW suggests its still in beta version, which I think is odd how supposedly industrial grade gateway is running beta firmware... Is there any newer firmware available for this device? Otherwise I'm going to replace it with something else that actually works. Shame, cause it seems like a well made product.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It would be helpful if you could provide troubleshoot files from your device from both cases:

• after it randomly disconnects;
  • when bridge mode is configured;

To generate files, access device's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Modem firmware update is not possible at the moment.  

Best regards, 

by anonymous
Added the troubleshoot file you asked... Well I factory reset the device since the random disconnects occurred so they're probably not in that file, but bridge mode simply did not work again when I tested it. The device loses connection to RMS as well when in bridge mode. The random disconnects I suspect had to do with enabling firewall setting "prevent port scanning". After I disabled that setting, the random disconnects haven't happened... But bridge mode simply doesn't work though.
by anonymous

Hello,

First, in order for the device to be online in RMS, you would need to use Passthrough mode instead of Bridge. That is basically the purpose Passthrough mode was developed for.

As for the Bridge mode not working, you could you try the following:

• After configuring Passthrough mode in the WebUI, disable network interface of the device connected to TRB500 and reenable it. The logs do indicate that DHCP server of the TRB issues a static lease with the public IP you have been provided from ISP. This is indicated with a following entry:
daemon.info dnsmasq-dhcp[5172]: DHCP, static leases only on <Public_IP>, lease time 1h
  • You can also specify the MAC address of networking device's interface you want your public IP assigned to.

For a more detailed instructions, please check this link.

Best regards, 

by anonymous
Got the bridge mode working yesterday, but this morning I had once again quick disconnects... Added another troubleshoot file just now. I've no idea how its happening, cause the earlier device (Huawei B818 which I know is consumer grade device) had no such disconnect issues no matter if you used NAT or bridge mode.
by anonymous

The file seems to be taken about 5 minutes after bootup. 

It does not show disconnects, the logs indicate successful connection to carrier network and decent signal characteristics, other configuration settings look correct too.

At the moment, I can suggest to try locking different bands (B20 currently) in Network -> Mobile section: B1, B3, B7, B28.

I would also like you to try testing with a different service mode - 4G (LTE) only, to check if network stability is only related to 5G - NSA service mode your device currently is connected to.

by anonymous
Bought external antenna and hooked it up, now most of the issues are solved... However ping still is bit on the higher side compared to my old 4G router (about 20ms vs 30ms average). Ping issue has me pretty convinced it must be the beta firmware on the modem not quite as optimized as it could be. I tried band locking and 4G only as well, didn't change anything.