FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
108 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Goodmorning, I have a RUT955 running RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.1 firmware.
I have only ssh access and I need to configure OpenVPN client using .ovpn configuration file.
On local RUT955 I tried to load .ovpn configuration file but on RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.1 there is no form after checking "load configuration file", after this I suppose to copy configuration files on remote RUT955.
I tried to upgrade firmware with "keep settings" but I lost connections and it never come back, that's why I don't wont upgrade firmware on second RUT955.
How can I upload .ovpn file on local RUT955, or (better), how can I enable vpn client on remote device by commad line?
Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In 6.05.1, if you set Enable OpenVPN config from file, you need to press Save. This will give you an error, but you will also get a new field: OpenVPN configuration file, which allows you to upload the file.

However, I would still advise to use the latest Legacy design firmware, due to various fixes and improvements. Updating with Keep settings is only advised, if you update no more that two iterations between versions, otherwise, some functionalities may not migrate and function properly, and in your case, they  even might be incompatible.  

It might be possible to find an issue if you could provide a troubleshoot from the device with the connectivity issue present. To generate the file, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Configuration via CLI/SSH of OpenVPN client is possible, but will require to set a number of options, with values you should already know. For example:

• uci set openvpn.client_Test=openvpn
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.persist_key='1'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.port='1194'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test._role='client'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.dev='tun_c_<name>'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.verb='5'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.nobind='1'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test._auth='tls'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.cipher='BF-CBC'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test._tls_cipher='all'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.resolv_retry='infinite'
  • uci set openvpn.client_Test.auth='sha1'