FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
281 views 5 comments
by anonymous
RUTX09

Firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 - latest mass release.

When creating a new openvpn configuration as a client device, saving the settings causes the entire modem to brick.

1. Services > openvpn > add new instance > Role > client > ADD

Fill in some basic settings to do a test. Settings include, IP address of the other far end openvpn server, setting the user/password as the  auth option, and uploading a certificate or pem file.

Then save and apply.

GUI shows spinning progress, then message about a file error, which displays for a second, then the spinner comes back.

The entire box is then dead, no GUI, no ping, no DHCP, nothing

What a piece of junk...no seriously, my other point here is that i have tried contact teltonika direclty about this issue, and they refuse to accept any information as they said i did not purchase directly from them. I'm currently in Australia, and tried to buy and get them to ship, but they insisted i go to a reseller in Australia, called Mwave. Mwave have totally wiped hands of any problems and offer zero support.

So now no-one will support this box. Poor service from teltonika.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like to know more details about your case:

• Do you remember the specific error message?
  • Does the router boot at all?
  • Did you recently perform firmware update with Keep settings option set to on?
  • Have you made any other configuration/firewall changes?
  • Did you have remote SSH/HTTP(S) access enabled?
  • What certificates have you uploaded? How were they generated? Could you share them in a private message?

Could you try device recovery via bootloader menu? Please download this firmware image and follow the procedure described in detail here

Also, could you provide the address you have used to directly contact Teltonika?

Best regards,

by anonymous

I would like to know more details about your case:

• Do you remember the specific error message?
something about error reading file
  • Does the router boot at all?
It does not reboot itself, the only way to get it back is pin reset for over 12 seconds to bring back to factory 192.168.1.1 default admin etc
  • Did you recently perform firmware update with Keep settings option set to on?
Firmware was updated to latest and settings were kept. syste,m is always updated regularly
  • Have you made any other configuration/firewall changes?
No. Firewall settings were set up months ago with no changes, and were not changed as part of this new setup. We have been trying to set the RUT to be a VPN client to a VPN server
  • Did you have remote SSH/HTTP(S) access enabled?
No
  • What certificates have you uploaded? How were they generated? Could you share them in a private message?
The certificate files are from the VPN server. Essentially what a remote user would need if they were setting up a VPN client on a laptop to get connected to the VPN server

by anonymous
Also, could you provide the address you have used to directly contact Teltonika?

I called the main head office. Kaunas, Lithuania. Using the main number. Told no support option is available to me as i dont have sales order number from teltonika....
by anonymous

In regards to:

"It does not reboot itself, the only way to get it back is pin reset for over 12 seconds to bring back to factory 192.168.1.1 default admin etc" 

Does it mean that the issue is reproducible each time you reset the device and configure VPN client or was it a single occurrence? If it does reproduce, would it be possible to arrange a remote connection via AnyDesk to take a look at your device?

As for direct communication to Teltonika, you likely had a conversation with the administrator, who is not the right person to contact, when you have question related to technical details, as we do not offer direct phone support, you are in the right place here. Also, support options are provided in the following link: https://teltonika-networks.com/after-sales-support-service/.

To summarize, if you did not buy your device directly from Teltonika, and you have an issue, your go to options are:

• This community forum.

or

• If you are simply looking for explanations on device features, configuration options or examples, you should refer to the following wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Yes the promlem is easy to reproduce. We can arrange a time to see this hapen. but simply you can try for yourself if you have the same version. It will crash the router 100%

Regading teltonika support, the point on the teltonika website states ""Customers that obtain Teltonika devices through other means should receive support from the party which sold the said devices.""

The problem here is that the company that i purchased from (Mwave australia) offers no support. I spoke to them and they said talk to you..they know nothing about supporting teltonika products. The problem here is teltonika just want to sell boxes. If they were like many other vendors, a level of support certification/training needs to be provided to sellers before anyone should be able to sell teltonika equipment. However this costs time and money that teltonika dont want to spend, which is a shame as it leaves you feeling like you wont buy again for a new network rollout..

Crowd support is ok, but it can not compare to trained engineers and SLA's
by anonymous
I did not replicate your issue, thus I would like to have a remote with you to check on it. I will write you in a private message.