FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
297 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Dear Support Team,

the RUT955 Web Manual under RUT955 SD Card describes how to install an SD card. In the Compatibility section, point 3., it is pointed out that SD cards with a fixed supply voltage of 1.8 volts are not permitted. I've done a lot of research but haven't found any concrete clues as to whether an SD card qualifies for the RUT955 or not. For example, would a SanDisk Ultra 32Gb meet the hardware requirements? Can you provide me with a list of compatible SD cards?

For detailed information concerning my device configuration pls. refer to attached screenshot.

Thank you very much for your support.

BR

Guenther

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

There is no list of compatible SIM cards, however, you should have no issues using the aforementioned card with RUT955.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thank you very much for your help. BR
by anonymous
Hello,

let me please ask another question concerning usage of an SD card.

In chapter "RUT955 SD Card" of the RUT955 manual, under "RUT 955 disclaimer", you recommend uninstalling the SD card before a firmware upgrade. In this case, what happens to the already installed USB tools when the SD card is reinserted? With the new firmware version, do these USB Tools have to be reinstalled or can they also be used unchanged?

Thanks for your help!

BR Guenther
by anonymous
Hello,

may I kindly remind you of my question.

Thanks and BR Guenther
by anonymous
Good Morning, when do you think can we continue solving this problem?

Thanks and BR Guenther
by anonymous

In regards to the disclaimer, it applied to the older hardware design, and also only apply for certain SD cards, meaning that firmware can be flashed with SD card inserted. The manual in the wiki page should be updated in a near future.

Now, if the SD card is configured as memory expansion, and removed before updating device firmware, inserting the card afterwards, the device should ignore the SD as its flash memory expansion, thus the card must be reconfigured again. 

If firmware is updated with the inserted card and the card is configured as flash memory expansion, the device should reset to default settings after firmware update.

This is a rather confusing area, thus below is a suggested workflow of firmware update, if you are using SD card as a memory expansion device:

• Create a backup of the current configuration;
  • Remove SD card from the device;
  • Update firmware;
  • Insert SD card;
  • Upload backup.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Good Morning,

thanks for your detailed information.

This is indeed rather confusing. So I have still questions, excuse me!

Please refer to the following scenario:

1. The SD Card is installed and configured as flash memory expansion; I want to forget about it because it is mounted within the housing of the RUT955
  2. A package, let me say the DLNA package, has been installed from package manager and by any reason resides on the SD Card
  3. Now a firmware update is performed with mounted SD Card (refer to your first section above)

What happens with the DLNA package? Has it been deleted and is it to be re-installed? Or is it kept? Does the backup procedure handle this? Are there any real life tests or application examples with such a scenario providing a step by step description?

It would be very convenient to completely describe such a real scenario with all it's steps to get all this running properly. Since I am using the RUT955 I have spent a lot of time to get a clue on that. Perhaps there is a user in the community having experience with that issue and is ready to share it here.

Thank you very much.

BR

Guenther