FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
435 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I want to connect a Reolink E1 Zoom Camera via WLAN to a RUT950. The RUT is placed in a Motorboat and is connected to Internet via Mobile SIM.

During the Installation of the camera i have to tell the camera the SSID and password of RUT. The camera gets no access to the RUT and the Installation failed.

The firmware is the latest Version.

imageDo I have to change anything in the RUT Konfiguration?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Are other devices able to connect via wifi successfully? Is it just the camera that cannot connect to RUT950? Are there any error messages?

You can start by rebooting both devices and checking if it helped. Then, I suggest you take a look at the WiFi troubleshooting articles available at the official Reolink webpage (for example, this and this articles). There might be a need to change a wifi channel, password, encryption method or some other settings. For example, to change the encryption method, you will need to navigate to Network -> Wireless -> Edit interface settings -> Wireless security.

You can find more information about wireless settings on the wiki page available HERE.

A troubleshoot file from the router might be helpful too. Please replicate the issue by attempting to connect your camera to the router via WiFI. This should generate log entries about connectivity. Then access device's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach it by editing your question.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hello Andzej,

meanwhile I found the solution. As I told before, the router is placed on a boat and is connected via mobile SIM. As a failover solution I have connected the harbor WLAN. I have made a scan, found the harbour network and joined. I put in the network passphrase and set firewall on wan. Than I configured it as client mode in network wan.

If I activate this, the camera doesn't work anymore. If i deactivate this, the camera works.

Where is my mistake and how can I connect to the harbour WLAN as a failover solution if mobile connection stopped?
by anonymous

Hi,

So the camera is connecting to RUT950 wifi and is accessible via mobile connection. Correct? Are you using a public IP address to access the camera remotely?

When RUT950 is configured in wireless station mode (client) and uses harbor Wifi as its WAN coonection, the camera becomes inaccessible. Correct?

If you connect a different device (let's say a phone) to a RUT950 (configured in station mode -> harbor wifi), are you able to access the internet? i.e can other devices on RUT950 LAN access the internet? 

Could you please replicate the issue by connecting to your camera via mobile connection and then trying to swap to wireless WAN (connect to harbor). Then access device's WebUI, navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot and download the troubleshoot file. Attach this file to the question (only moderators will be able to see the troubleshoot file).

Kind Regards,

Andzej

0 votes
by anonymous

Hallo Andzej,

"So the camera is connecting to RUT950 wifi and is accessible via mobile connection. Correct?" 

Yes that's correct. I can connect via Reolink APP to the camera if I am in RUT WLAN.

"Are you using a public IP address to access the camera remotely?" 

No until now it is not possibele to reach the camera via Internet if I am not in the RUT WLAN.  Please give me an Instruction how I can reach the camera via internet?

"When RUT950 is configured in wireless station mode (client) and uses harbor Wifi as its WAN coonection, the camera becomes inaccessible".

Correct!!

"If you connect a different device (let's say a phone) to a RUT950 (configured in station mode -> harbor wifi), are you able to access the internet? i.e can other devices on RUT950 LAN access the internet?" 

Yes I can connect my iPhone to the RUT WLAN if harbor wifi (SBHMOELLER) is on.

Maybe it is helpfull to describe the complete System: the RUT950 is placed in the boat. Connected is a Raspberry Pi with Home Assistant in a Docker via Ethernet. In Homeassistant I can reach the camera. Both devices and Home Assistant on the boat and my equipment at home are connected via Zerotier Network. The Reolink camera (IP: .....-125) is connected via WLAN to the RUT.

I have made a download of the troubleshoot file and attached it to my original question. You should have a look on 22.12.2022 from 17:05 to 17:20.