FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
584 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have TP-Link Deco M4 Wifi Mesh 3 pack mesh system connected to the RUTX11. RUTX11 has one sim. The main mesh device has wire connection to RUTX11. Mesh uses RUTX11 dhcp service. TP-Link Deco M4 Wifi Mesh has latest firmware etc patches.

I did the firmware upgrade from RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 to the latest RUTX_R_00.07.03. I did not change anything in any of the mesh devices.

After the RUTX11 firmware upgrade I noticed following strange behaviour:

1)

Initial situation: Mesh devices and RUTX11 are up and running, LAN is OK and there is internet connection (ping 8.8.8.8 OK)

When I reboot the RUTX11 using whatever way (unplug/plug the power cable, web UI/reboot, ssh/reboot) it fails to connect to internet. LAN connections are OK (ping OK between computers in LAN) but RUTX11 fails to connect to internet (I waited max 30 minutes).

2)

Initial situation: All mesh devices are up and running, LAN is OK. RUTX11 is powered off, there is no internet connection.

When I switch on the RUTX11 it fails to connect to internet. LAN connections remain OK.

3)

Initial situation: Both the main mesh device and RUTX11 are powered off and they are powered on at the same time.

LAN connections become first up and running and finally also the internet connection.

4)

Initial situation: Both the main mesh device and RUTX11 are powered off and RUTX11 is powered on first and main mesh device powered on after that.

All connections are finally up and running.

In cases 1...4 I tested only following LAN connections: wired RUTX11 LAN connections, wired RUTX11 LAN connection to main mesh device and several wireless LAN connection of devices connected to mesh network. I did not check RUTX11 wireless LAN connections.

5)

Initial situation: There is no mesh device connected to RUTX11. RUTX11 is either powered off or rebooted.

After booting internet connection and RUTX11 LAN connections are up and running.

I tried several RUTX11 configuration settings to fix the "No internet connection" end state but without success.

I remembered that I did not have this issue with the earlier firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 so as a last resort I downgraded the firmware from RUTX_R_00.07.03 back to RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 and restored the latest backup I had with this RUTX_R_00.07.02.7. Then I repeated all different booting scenarios 1...4 several times and the end result is that the firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.7 works OK every time in every case: The end result was always that both the LAN connections and internet connection are restored succesfully after booting/power on.

Problem with RUTX_R_00.07.03 is critical because I cannot use auto reboot or any other remote operation that might reboot the RUTX11.

Is it possible that there is a bug in RUTX_R_00.07.03 or should I somehow change the RUTX11 settings after the firmware upgrade?

Thank you for your support and co-operation.

See attahced test results.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for a detailed description of the issue and the testing you have performed.

I would like to forward the issue to the development team. For that, please attach a troubleshoot file to your question. First, replicate the issue by updating to 7.03 firmware version and rebooting it so that the device fails to connect to the internet. Then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the causes of the issue.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
OK, I will do that next time I visit the installation site. That might happen within a week.

One question about the gathered troubleshooting information: Does it contain passwords etc sensitive information about the installation that should be changed afterwards?
by anonymous

All passwords are hidden, but domain names and IP addresses are not. However, attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika moderators. You can also send the file in a private message.

by anonymous

The only difference between provided files with 7.3 firmware is the following error message from the troubleshoot file from the second case:

• found already running DHCP-server on interface 'br-lan' refusing to start, use 'option force 1' to override.

I would suggest to try the following:

• Navigate to Network -> Interfaces.
  • Edit LAN interface settings.
  • Go to Advanced settings tab in DHCP server section;
  • Set Force option to on.
  • Save and apply the settings.

Test if that helps.

by anonymous

I changed the DHCP setting Force to ON on both v...2.7 and v...3 and tested them, both are working fine after router boot. So I decided to keep the latest firmware. I also noticed that booting time with the latest fw almost shortened to half, which is very nice.

So problem fixed! Thank you for your support!