FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
369 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I am looking into ways of flashing a RUT240 router over SSH with a config file. We have a config file which has been generated by the web interface, and I would like to know if there is are commands which allows the loading of the config file to the router?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Backup can be restored via SSH, however, it is not recommended, as certain configuration files might not transfer correctly. This is because when uploading a backup using WebUI, certain scripts are run that ensures, that the restore procedure transfers everything.

However, if you still plan on using SSH, then the procedure is as follows:

• Using WinSCP (or any other SCP protocol supporting app) transfer your backup file to the router (let's say /tmp);
  • Connect to the router via SSH, and run the command sysupgrade -r [file_location];
  • After the restore procedure is done (command echo $0 should output 0) run the reboot command.
And that should be it!
Let me know if any more help is needed.

Best regards,
DaumantasG