FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
801 views 12 comments
by anonymous
Hello,
When I enable the Wifi accesspoint it works fine. When I reboot or power down and then up, the status it is always Off instead of On. How can I solve this?
I use firmware: RUT9_R_00.07.03 (2022-12-15).

Kernel 5.4.221
by anonymous
Hi, i have the same issue. When is the 7.4 release planned?

Background: i'll decide if i will wait or downgrade.

Thanks a lot.

Unox
by anonymous
Current time line says it could be released around the end of the next month, but at the moment that is not guaranteed.
by anonymous

I also have the same issue, problem for me is that the router access is not easy at all, and is being powered off regularly when the boat is docked/not being used. 

Which means that restoring the Wifi connectivity is a whole (annoying) process every time we take the boat out, involving crunching under/inside a small area, and unscrewing/screwing back a a panel where it is installed.

I'm also on the latest FW (see below), and we (all RUT users) really need a fix asap please!

Firmware version 

RUT9_R_00.07.03.2 

Firmware build date 

2023-01-11 16:28:37 

Internal modem firmware version 

EC25ECGAR06A09M1G_01.001.01.001 

Kernel version 

by anonymous

Hello,

Due to high impact of the issue, a new firmware was released, which solves WiFi not booting after reboot. Please update your device and provide feedback, whether the issue does not reoccur again.  

Latest firmware can be downloaded here.

Best regards,

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

after installing FW version RUT9_R_00.07.03.3 on my side, I confirm that the wifi issue is fixed. I tried both a soft and hard reboot, and the wifi remained active in both cases.

thank you so much, It was really driving me crazy !

Best answer
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

To mitigate the effect of the issue could you simply press Save and apply in Network -> Interfaces section?

The issue has recently been reported by other clients, however, to make a stronger case for the development team, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file may provide more details into possible causes of the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I've tried to Save and Apply  but it does not seems to remember it after a reboot. I've attached the Troubleshoot file.
by anonymous
Currently, solution for the issue is set to be released with 7.4 firmware. Test version is being developed, and if the matter is urgent, I could send you a test version, when it is ready.

Otherwise, if it does not break any functionalities necessary for you, I would suggest to continue using 7.2.7 firmware.
by anonymous

Hi, 

as far as I know I am using version RUT9_R_00.07.03 (2022-12-15). But if you can send a test version that would be great (info@sitan.nl). 
Is there a download page with other than the current versions? Maybe an older version one would solve it for now as well?

Thanks! Happy Holidays! Sitan van Sluis

by anonymous
by anonymous
Hi,

I believe I am experiencing this same problem on a RUT950 after recently updating firmware on 20230107 (from server a couple of days ago).  Wifi does not start after reboot now.  My router is in a remote geographic location (in a mountain top solar powered 4g-wfi transponder).  I can restart wifi remotely by using SMS directives (eg; wifion) where I have 4g access. My router currently has daily reboots scheduled so I have to send SMS now after every reboot from a remote location.  Any ETA when this might be fixed?  Or, alternatively, can I downgrade, or install, firmware to a specific version using only SMS utilities?  Thanks for a great product.
by anonymous

Hello,

This is a known issue.

RnD is working on a solution at the moment, but it is planned to be included only in 7.4 firmware release.  

Otherwise, It is possible and I suggest to revert to a working firmware version for a while, if that does not create any inconveniences to you.

Alternatively, could you login to the device via SSH and test if any of the commands below restarts WiFi interface to a working state:

• /sbin/wifi reload
  • /etc/init.d/network restart
  • reload_config

If any of them works, it could be included in the startup script in System -> Custom scripts section, to automate the restarts.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi ,

Thanks for that information.  That is most useful.  I will keep that in mind for next time I am on-site.  I will also consider the firmware downgrade option via the Web UI also next time I am on-site.  However, here in Australia, devices are generally not reachable over the internet using SSH (or web) (ie, cannot make inbound connections - outbound connections are okay but not inbound).  I think this is a security measure imposed by the service providers (they are not reachable IP addresses).  That's why I was asking if it is possible do this any way using SMS commands?  I note that you can upgrade the firmware over SMS (eg; fw_upgrade directive).  Is there anyway to downgrade the firmware over SMS to prior version, or a nominated version?  So, I can fix the issue remotely.  Thanks again.

by anonymous

Firmware downgrade over SMS is not possible, unfortunately.

As an alternative, RMS platform could be used fore remote device access. If your device has not been added on RMS before, you should have one available credit for month's access.

However, when tackling with device configurations, where internet access might be lost, such as firmware downgrade, I would suggest to have a physical access to the device.

0 votes
by anonymous
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello guys,

i tested the new *.3.3 SW on my RUT 950 on this issue successfully.

Test1: Wifi worked after reboot, triggered via Webpage

Test2: Wifi worked after short Powersupply interrupt

Test3: Wifi worked after Power interrupt of 30 seconds.

After the update, my custom scripts are gone. The configurations via webpage are still present. Where shall i store the scripts that they work after an update?

currently they are* (haha) stored in /bin like recommended in the "custom Modbus register".

Thanks!