FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
205 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello:

I want to buy a RUTX11, TSW110 and BAT120 (out of stock) to accompany the RUTX12.

The idea is the following:

Remove the power supplies from the RUTXs.

Feed the RUTX12 and RUTX11 with the TSW110.

Move the RUTX12 away with my Poynting antennas and connect it by wan to the RUTX11, this one in failover. The computer would be connected by lan to the RUTX11. Can be done?

Another question:

Is it possible to connect poe power from the TSW110 and power from the BAT120 at the same time in the RUTXs?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

As for the first part of the question - Feed the RUTX12 and RUTX11 with the TSW110, TSW110 does not support passive PoE out, it cannot be used to power the RUTX12 and RUTX11. While some of our switches do support PoE out, they are of type 802.3af/at, also known as active PoE, and cannot be used to power any of our devices.

As for using the RUTX12 as a WAN source for RUTX11, that would in fact be possible. One thing to make sure of is that the LAN subnets do not match between these devices, as their default LAN subnets are 192.168.1.0/24. I'd also recommend checking out this article, as it guides through DHCP relay configuration. This way, clients of the RUTX11 will receive IP addresses from RUTX12.

Is it possible to connect poe power from the TSW110 and power from the BAT120 at the same time in the RUTXs?

As mentioned, TSW110 does not support PoE out, and even if TSW100 was used, it only outputs active PoE, which is not supported by our routers.

Hope this cleared a few things up! Let me know if there are any further questions!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Hi, thanks for your response.

Well, I already bought a RUTX11.

If you can't power the RUTX, can you recommend one?

Thank you
by anonymous

Hello,

If a way to power the RUTX devices is needed and included power adapter is not an option, then both of these devices can be powered via passive PoE on the LAN1 port. Pinout for RUTX11 and RUTX12. However, at the moment we do not have any devices in our lineup, that could be used to supply passive PoE.

As for using BAT120, please keep in mind, that its maximum power output is 22W, the same as RUTX12, so one BAT120 might get overwhelmed in case the RUTX12 and RUTX11 are both fully loaded.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG