FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
954 views 15 comments
by anonymous
I bought the RUTX50 and everything was perfect working from 5G to GPS alls was stabil and fine(Firmware RUTX_R_00.07.28). Then the new Firmware RUTX_R_00.07.03 was released and I thought it always good to have the system up to date. But after installing the new Firmware the GPS had no Signal anymore. I check the original GPS antenna with also no signal. OK than I thought no Problem I install the Firmware RUTX_R_00.07.28. But the GPS wan´t work anymore. So what can i do?
by anonymous
I have the same problem ... are there any new solution to solve this ?!?
by anonymous
Not yet sorry

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Could you please try to restore the device to factory defaults?

As I understand, the location is not displayed on the map in Services -> GPS -> Map. Is that correct? And the AVL is not working either.

There are some AVL and gpsd errors in the logs, but GPS works on my RUTX50 with the same configurations without any errors. Try restoring the device.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hi,

I restored the device without any change in the result. It always says No GPS Signal.

I tried the restore with both antenna. I have no idea what to do.
by anonymous

Hi,

Did you move the device to a different area? Do the antennas have a clear view of the sky?

Could you please try the following:

Disable AVL (Services -> GPS -> AVL)

Disable Galileo, Glonass and BeiDou NMEA supports (Services -> GPS -> General) and leave only GPS enabled.

Then, wait for a few minutes for the GPS to (try) get coordinates and execute the following commands and post the output:

/etc/init.d/gpsd restart

gpsctl -pseix

Also, you can try to reinstall firmware via bootloader as described here

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

I have tried the commands. Here is the output. I will try the bootloader as well.

thanks for helping.

I will replay the outcome of the bootloadder.

0 votes
by anonymous
i have the same problem, tried everything here but still the same problem!
by anonymous
after starting the gpsd manual i have the following error:

/usr/sbin/gpsd
modem.modem_num: 0
HTTPS disabled
NMEA forwarding disabled
NMEA collecting disabled
[nmea_handle_data:507] error: Error while handling a sentence
by anonymous
I still have the problem as well.
by anonymous

Hi,

@AlexFal,

Have you tried to move the router to a different place? It seems that the service is running, but it does not obtain the information because it does not see any satellites.  Make sure the antennas are well attached to the right GPS connector. You are getting errors in AVL service because there is no GPS information. 

@afm,

Your services are disabled. You need to enable GPS and/or enable NMEA service in WebUI.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

only the forwarding is disabled! GPS and NMEA are enabled in webgui

forwarding enabled for you, same problem:
root@Teltonika-RUTX50:~# /usr/sbin/gpsd
modem.modem_num: 0
HTTPS disabled
NMEA forwarding enabled
Vacuuming the NMEA cache database, this might take a while.
NMEA collecting disabled
Retrying to connect to given socket
[nmea_handle_data:507] error: Error while handling a sentence

AND

root@Teltonika-RUTX50:~# service gpsd status
running
root@Teltonika-RUTX50:~# gpsctl -seix
1970-01-01 01:00:00

by anonymous

Hi,

After playing with the settings, it seems that I receive this error as well (did not receive it before). However, this did not stop the service from working. I am receiving the correct NMEA data on my server and GPS is displaying my location on the map correctly. (need to check what is causing these messages).

From your screenshot it seems that the router cannot connect the server for some reason ("Retrying to connect to given socket").

In addition, the gpsctl -seix output shows that the GPS service is running, but it does not obtain coordinates.

Is there a reason why you are manually executing '/usr/sbin/gpsd' ?

Also, you can check GPS readings by executing the following commands:

• ubus call gsm.modem0 info | grep gps

This will return gps_port used for GPS. Then, based on gps_port from the output ( replace ttyUSB1 if needed):

• cat /dev/ttyUSB1

Could you please update to the latest firmware version (RUTX_R_00.07.03.2). Also, could you generate a troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message? Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Is there a reason why you are manually executing '/usr/sbin/gpsd' ?

even after i did not get a valid position in the map i tried to call gpsd directly via ssh.

ubus call gsm.modem0 info | grep gps
        "gps_port": "/dev/ttyUSB1",
root@Teltonika-RUTX50:~# cat /dev/ttyUSB1

[Coordinates here - redacted]

^C

firmware is now on latest version, tried also previous RUTX_R_00.07.02.8 and later.

send you the troubleshoot file via pm.

I use the gps antenna as ontained in the scope of delivery on outside position.

Can try to connect the panorama antenna on my caravan later

by anonymous

Hi,

@alexFal, Could you please enable the GPS, run the following commands, and send me the output via private message?

• gpsctl -pseix 
  • ubus call gsm.modem0 info | grep gps 

This will return gps_port used for GPS. Then, based on gps_port from the output ( replace ttyUSB1 if needed): 

• cat /dev/ttyUSB1 

Please, send me the output of these commands. 

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
I have the same problem too.  I've only had the RUTX50 roughly two weeks now.  With the firmware that it was shipped with, the GPS service was working fine.  I then updated the firmware and the GPS service stopped working. I have updated the firmware again since to version RUTX_R_00.07.03.4 and the GPS service is still not working but my 15yr old handheld Garmin GPS is working OK having connected to 5 satellites in the same location as the router.
by anonymous

Hi @akwe-xavante,

Could you please enable GPS, connect to your device via CLI/SSH, and execute the following command? 

ubus call gsm.modem0 get_nmea '{"satellite": "gpsnmeatype"}'

Please, send me the output of this command via private message.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

0 votes
by anonymous

Same problem but with the newest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.04 

by anonymous

Problem was solved for a week with a new GPS Antenna, but returned after reboot. I am desperate!