FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
170 views 0 comments
by anonymous
We are working with your routers (RUT240) and we found a problem in your new FW version RUT2_R_00.07.02.7

In our process we use the uci commands for automate the values an configuration, from your documentation page:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/UCI_command_usage

But the commands and folder structure has changed in FW RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 and we did not found the documentation for this new structure.

Attachet screenchot folder structure for FW RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5 and FW RUT2_R_00.07.02.7

and excel whith uci examples we use.

Where can we find the documentation for this new structure?

Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

Indeed, the command structure on our Wiki does seem to be outdated.

UCI options can be found by running the command uci show. However, as it returns a huge list, I'd recommend also using the grep utility. So the final command would look like this:

uci show | grep [config_of_interest]

Some options simply have to be configured differently. For example setting the WAN port as LAN, instructions for the legacy WebUI vs instructions for the current RutOS UI.

While I'm unable to provide a full list of how to substitute the old commands at the moment, here are a few:

• uci get hwinfo.hwinfo.serial should be replaced by mnf_info -s
  • To enable remote SSH access command uci set dropbear.@dropbear[0]._sshWanAccess='1' can be used.
Some of the commands (e.g. uci set wireless.@wifi-iface[0].disabled='1') should still work and remain unchanged. 

Let me know if you encounter any issues!

Best regards,
DaumantasG