FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
576 views 7 comments
by anonymous

I'm trying to setup the SDK for my RUT950 (GG12C0) following these instructions and the corresponding readme file for SDK Version "RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2". But everytime I want to execute make I get following error:

mv -f $depbase.Tpo $depbase.Po
In file included from /usr/include/signal.h:328,
                 from ./signal.h:52,
                 from c-stack.c:49:
c-stack.c:55:26: error: missing binary operator before token "("
   55 | #elif HAVE_LIBSIGSEGV && SIGSTKSZ < 16384
        |                                                 ^~~~~~~~
make[8]: *** [Makefile:1837: c-stack.o] Error 1

I think the published SDK Version is broken, because I tryed newer version "RUT9_R_00.07.03" and it worked (but is not supported by my RUT950).

The SDK download page only shows the latest version for RUT950 Legacy (RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2).Where can i find older versions like RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.1 ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Add this patch to tools/m4/patches, it will fix the compilation error of c-stack.c.

You may also need to apply this one in the base folder: patch -p1 < mklib.patch

Regards,

by anonymous

Thanks,

first error is gone but now I got another one while compiling m4

freadahead.c: In function 'freadahead':
freadahead.c:91:3: error: #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
   91 |  #error "Please port gnulib freadahead.c to your platform! Look at the definition of fflush, fread, ungetc on your system, then report this to bug-gnulib."
        |   ^~~~~
make[8]: *** [Makefile:1837: freadahead.o] Error 1

by anonymous

Edit tools/m4/Makefile:

set PKG_VERSION:=1.4.19

delete PKG_MD5SUM add PKG_HASH:=63aede5c6d33b6d9b13511cd0be2cac046f2e70fd0a07aa9573a04a82783af96

rm tools/m4/patches/020-c-stack-c.patch
rm tools/m4/patches/100-fix-gets-removal.patch
m4 will then compile.
by anonymous
You'll probably need to upgrade bison also ...
by anonymous
m4 problem is solved.

to which version should i update bison and how? edit the makefile?

Why are these solutions not included in the offered SDK from Teltonika?
by anonymous
Which Linux distribution do you use to compile this SDK ? As it is somewhat old it would be simpler to try with Ubuntu 16.04.
by anonymous
I use Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
by anonymous
In addition to bison, mklibs e2fsprogs mtd-utils and several others will also fail.

If you want to use Ubuntu 22.04.x anyway then download a more recent SDK and replace the failing packages one by one. Tedious.