FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
305 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am using RUT240 with FW RUT2_R_00.07.03

I configured reading from a Modbus slave a register address. The slave is a PLC and I want to have an SMS notification when the PLC is off.

So in the register I am constantly writing a value, and when the value is less than that number I want to receive an SMS.

Although the test function above returns the correct number, and I tested also sending a test SMS with the router, the alarm is not being executed.

Can anyone tell me why ?

I am using the latest firmware version, I see that is the most commonly reported problem.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have tested MODBSU Alarms functionality, but was able to receive SMS. 

Can you confirm that you are able to simply send SMS from the router in Services -> Mobile utilities -> Messages by switching to Send messages tab and sending SMS?

I would also like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question to review your configuration. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Below is my test configuration.

For a slave device, I have used a ModRSsim2 simulator operating in MODBUS TCP/IP, changing value of a single register.

Services -> Modbus -> Modbus TCP Mater configuration is the following:

Request configuration is as follows:

MODBUS alarm configuration is as follows:

Best regards,