FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
315 views 7 comments
by anonymous

Hi - 

Since the latest firmware update on my RUTX11 on 18th Dec (RUTX_R_00.07.03), the reported Cell ID's for both SIM 1 and SIM 2 are no longer recognisable - e.g. 7BDBA0A (Voda UK), 7C4BA1E (Voda UK), 707602 (EE UK), 6C4800 (EE UK). When using this calculator, eNB ID's don't relate to any Masts in area. I know which Cell ID's should be in use, but they no longer show on the Router.

Everything seemed fine before the firmware update.

Please can you confirm if this is a software bug, or if I can provide any further information. Thanks.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

In v7.3 of RutOS, cell IDs are displayed in their hexadecimal form. Online converter can be used to convert it back to decimal.

Hope this helped!

Best regards,

DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for clarifying!

Can I ask why, though?

Before, I would know what Cell ID immediately (in alerts/UI) as the Cell ID in Router matches what Cell Providers (and iPhone) report. This extra step feels like unnecessary inefficiency from a UX perspective. Could you revert, or add as a setting to change in UI?

Thanks.
by anonymous
I'll look up tomorrow when I'm at work whether this change was intentional or not, but hexadecimal representation is most often used within the router internal processes and modem commands. This is also the case for some Cell ID databases, so it really depends on what it used for.

RMS, however, should still display it in the decimal form.

Best regards,

DaumantasG
by anonymous
I’d appreciate that, thank you Daumantas. Prior versions of the router had shown the decimal Cell ID, which seems industry standard. Just FYI - I do not use RMS.
by anonymous
Hello,

just checked and can't see this change anywhere in our development platform, so I'll fill out a suggestion to our development team to revert back to decimal or make an option to select the format.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thank you - that would be much appreciated.
by anonymous
Hi,

maybe it is possible to display cell ID in both notations? Everyone will be happy.
by anonymous
Sure - that would work
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, wrong IDs! No longer possible to identify cells you are connected to in the cellmapper.