FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
943 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I want to get the details of the SIM card (SIM ID, SIM phone number) read through the computer connected to the router network. Is it possible to get the information remotely without opening router or SIM card? If yes, please let me know the procedure or steps I need to follow.

Thank you,

Roshni Pandya

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi,

AT commands can be used when connected to the router via CLI/SSH to interact with the modem directly. For example, to find SIM ID you can execute the following command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+QCCID'

To find the phonenumber, you can execute this command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CNUM'

However, if this command responds with just a single 'OK', then you will need to add your phone number to the phone book and read it from there. For this, you can use the command:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CPBW=1,"12341234",129,"MyNumber"

'1' is the index of the entry, '12341234' is your phone number and 'MyNumber' is the name of the entry.

Then, to read your phone number execute a command to read the entry at index 1:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CPBR=1'

You can find out more about these commands on our wiki page HERE and in official Quectel documentation HERE.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for the reply.

Roshni