FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
810 views 9 comments
by anonymous
Hello
I have RUTX09  /  Model EG06-E /

band aggregation in automatic mode combines B1 + B20 bands (of which the B20 band is very busy and the internet is very slow) Questions:
1) is it possible to set the aggregation to B1+B3?
2) Is it possible to block the B20 band so that the router does not aggregate with this band?
2a) and if B20 is blocked, will it still aggregate automatically between bands?

I would prefer option number (1)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can limit the list of bands the router uses to connect and for carrier aggregation.

However, based on this Quectel documentation, EG06 - E does not aggregate B1+B3. 

In addition, How the device aggregates is determined by internal algorithms of the modem, which has its own logic for evaluating aggregation possibilities, and you are likely to end up with a couple of different channels from B1 or B3 bands. 

To set bands manually, navigate to Network -> Mobile -> General, set Band selection option to Manual and pick the bands B1 and B3. 

Best regards,

by anonymous
So the documentation shows that I can aggregate B1+B1or B3+B3 which for me is a better solution than B20.
But if I manually select the B1 band, the CARRIER AGREGATION description is SINGLE?
Question
1) is it already B1+B1 (because it will be single)
2) Where can I get information on what bands the router currently aggregates and on how many if I set the band manually?
by anonymous
1) Not necessarily. Even though B1 is referred as 2100MHz, it actually consists of two blocks of frequencies, one for uplink [1920 - 1980 MHz], and one for downlink [2110 - 2170 MHz]. Each range contains several channels of varying bandwidth, meaning that B1+B1 refers to aggregation of two channels within one band.

2) Since EG06 is classified as LTE Cat 6 modem, it can only aggregate two channels from two bands or two different channels within the same band. The bands the router currently aggregates depends on the modem and the list is provided in the referenced document in my previous comment. Available bands are also dependent on what is available in your area and used by your operator.
by anonymous
So, how can I see what is currently selected and how it works? (parameters of the given e.g.: B1+B1 - because the web does not allow me to see on which frequency the router is currently operating)
by anonymous

You can try to login to the router via SSH and try one of the commands below:

•  ubus call gsm.modem0 get_ca_info

or

• gsmctl -A 'AT+QCAINFO'
by anonymous
Hello. Will it be possible to select aggregation between individual bands in the future? E.g.: B1+B20 B1+B1 etc
by anonymous
Carrier aggregation s done by modem's software, which is developed by Quectel. Looking at the AT commands manual for this specific modem model, there are no commands to set specific aggregated components. Thus only certain bands to be preferred by the modem can be locked from the router's configuration, which is already available.
by anonymous
The question is whether if we blocks B20 band, the modem will not use this band and will want to aggregate for others?

Can you send me instructions on how to block the appropriate bands?
by anonymous

If the band is not in the list of manually picked bands, it will not be selected.

Please check the video for instructions on how to perform manual band setting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAkjQ6a2qdc

by anonymous
Thank you for the information