FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
438 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi there -

Please can I request there is a To Field in the READ SMS Messages? Currently, there is no way to determine to which SIM messages are coming through to within the UI. Thanks

RUTX_R_00.07.03.1

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The messages you see in Services -> Mobile Utilities -> Messages -> Read Messages are stored in the SIM card memory. Hence, all the messages you see on that page are for the currently active SIM card.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

I have Mobile Utilities -> Messages -> Storage -> Save Messages to: Modem Storage, and I can confirm that I have messages from both SIM cards present.

On a side note - is there a way to read the active SIM card through this setting to ensure there are no stored messages on either SIM? If so, how would you go about doing that?

Thanks.

by anonymous

Hi,

This is correct. If you configure the device to save SMS messages in the modem storage, you will see the message from both SIM cards. However, you will still not be able to see to which number the SMS was sent.

The SIM card does not even store the phone number of the SIM itself in most cases. You can try to execute:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CNUM'

If the command does not return your phone number for the SIM, it means that the phone number is not stored in the SIM.

If you change the settings to save messages to the SIM card, go back to the read message tab, and refresh, you will see SMS messages stored on the currently active SIM, and can delete them if you want. You will not see messages stored in the modem. You can then switch the active SIM card via CLI/SSH command:

• ubus call sim change

To see which SIM card is currently active, you can execute:

• ubus call sim get

Refresh the read messages pages and you will see SMS messages for the other card.

You can also find which SIM card is active in the WebUI by navigating to Status -> Overview -> Internal modem window.

You can read SMS messages via ubus command, but the output does not show the phone number to which SMS was sent. (change index to read the next SMS)

• ubus call gsm.modem0 read_sms '{"index": 0}'

To see if you are reading the SMS from SIM or Modem storage (SIM or ME storage), you can execute:

• ubus call gsm.modem0 get_msg_storage

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Hi Andzej,

Many thanks for the detailed response.

Comments:

• gsmctl -A 'AT+CNUM' does show the number for both SIM's
  • I can confirm no SMS' on either SIM - both storing to Modem Storage

Given the above, would it not be possible to show a To field in the Read Messages - to grab that number at point os storing the message to Modem Storage memory?

Thanks.

by anonymous
Hi,

I am not sure if this would work since the command does not return the phone number in many cases. I have 2 SIM cards and neither of them returns my phone number. However, I am not a developer, so I cannot really say how it can be done or why it cannot be done. Anyways, I will pass your suggestion to implement 'To field' further so that it can be considered in the future. Thanks!

Kind Regards,

Andzej
by anonymous
Thank you Andzej