FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
357 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi there -

RUTX11 07.03.1 is significantly under reporting on Mobile/Modem and Mobile interface reporting. Two days of reporting shows 216MB of mobile data usage in Overview -> Mobile Usage, as well as Network -> Interfaces -> General - this is materially below usage. Today alone there has been significant Zoom, Teams, Outlook, Slack, Netflix and other general browsing - with three devices streaming video right now.

Moreover, the Modem data usage reporting is stuck on 7.9 MB / 1.9 MB (Overview -> Network -> Mobile), even though SIM one has 6.5h Uptime. Lastly, SIM 2 that has a data limit applied shows 0 usage, which is categorically incorrect.

When you compare the Mobile Interface usage to LAN usage (all internet is mobile on this device), LAN has 9.7 GB usage over ~24h.

I've attached a few screenshots for reference.

I have to assume the mobile usage reporting has recently gone wonky. Please let me know what I can provide to help investigate.
by anonymous

Hi - 

An update.

1. This morning mob1s1a1 has jumped up to 1.3GB total across an up time of 17h. That sounds about right, but not when I checked last night (haven't used a GB overnight, with negligible use during the day). Is there a long lag in reporting across the interfaces?
  2. mob1s2a1 is at 200MB - could be about right, hard to tell
  3. Lan now stands at 13.5GB (1d11h)
  4. Mobile Info has 10.6MB / 2.4MB - these figures seem to persist at at ~ same values, irrespective of a disconnect/reconnect
  5. Status -> Mobile Usage -> Week+ stats have updated, now to ~1.4GB across 8th and 9th Jan (last 2 days) across both SIM's, however ALL of that data bar 40MB is on 8th - i.e. almost no data reported on 9th.

So, Questions:

1. How do you reset the Tx/Rx counters on any of the given interfaces? Are they tied to uptime of interface, or from Router reboot?
  2. Is there a calendar day lag in Interface and Mobile Data Reporting? I.e. is the data not reliably realtime? Can this be fixed?
  3. Is the Status ->Network -> Mobile - Bytes Sent/Received something different to actual mobile data? Is it, for example, the data vol count associated to ALL mobile data used to establish connections? If so, how is it reset?
  4. Are you able to change Status -> Mobile Usage charting to Clustered Column or true Stacked Column vs the pseudo Stacked Column that currently is used? Looks like you are using Clustered Columns but 100% overlaying them. E.g. look at below - Sent & Received data are about the same, but the charting is very misleading
Please let me know how else I can help with investigating and/or offering user feedback. Thanks.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

This seems to be a recurring issue.

Your data consumption has jumper about 10x on Sunday (08/01), two days past the original measurement, which seems to be consistent with reports from other users.

The issue has been forwarded to the development team for further investigating, however, there is no update at the moment.

If the need for additional details would arise, or any new information would come up, I will inform you.

Best regards,
by anonymous
Thank you ZygimantasBliu.