FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
403 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hi there -

Is there a way to see real time or time bound (e.g. last 24 hours / last 7 days) of client traffic volumes and or current rates? I'd like to get a sense of traffic per device on the LAN / Wifi networks.

You'd hope to see some device real time reporting at  Realtime Data -> Traffic, such a list of active clients with download rates. I bit like what you see visually on MacOS in Activity Monitor. Or some device level stats in Network -> Wireless or Network -> LAN.

I appreciate this is a feature request, but would be a good one for the backlog as it would be really helpful in diagnosing network / consumption issues and checking for decent connection health for connected devices.

Thanks for considering.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion. It will be forwarded for consideration.

At the moment, to have control over data consumption, you would need to use HotSpot feature, for which you might need to download a package from Services -> Package manager list. It allows to configure user group templates, where you can set limits for upload/download data and bandwidth.

Also, a package called Darkstat has been recommended several times for traffic monitoring. You can install it with the following commands:

• opkg update
  • opkg install darkstat
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat enable
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat start

Then open your browser and enter routers IP with added 667 port. For example:

• 192.168.1.1:667

Host section can provide quite detailed statistics on each IP address monitored by the application.

I do not have much experience with the package, thus I would suggest to check documentation for configuring darkstat using this link. 

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Thanks Zygimantas.

I've installed it. It could be useful.

If I want to stop, disable or uninstall, are these the commands?

• opkg uninstall darkstat
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat disable
  • /etc/init.d/darkstat stop
by anonymous

Hello,

To uninstall the package, the command would be:

• opkg remove darkstat

As an additional note, disable option is defined as "Disable service autostart" in the init scripts operation, not to be confused with stop.

by anonymous
That's great - thank you
by anonymous

Another useful tool for the CLI is iftop:

opkg install iftop

Gives realtime bandwidth usage. IMO this should be part of the base OS, it's small and extremely useful.