FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
390 views 7 comments
by anonymous
I accidentally turned off my wifi using the wifi app and lost all connection to the router. I tried the hard reset multiple times by holding in the reset button and 5 signal lights showing before releasing, powering off and on and sending a sms to turn wifi on but nothing is working.

Any ideas please?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Perhaps you're able to connect to the router using a LAN cable? What firmware version are you using?

By default, WiFi should be turned on, and the password can be found on the bottom panel of the router.

If the router does not respond even when using the LAN cable, I recommend trying to perform a bootloader procedure.

Let me know if that helps!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for the reply.

Going by the app the firmware was rutx_r00.07.03

The wifi light is not turning on looking at the router and I cannot connect to enter the user name or password.

We don't have a pc nearby to try lan connection until another day or two at the moment but I will try that next and get back to you.
by anonymous
The issue is most likely the app. Currently, it does not work with v7.3 of RutOS, but our RnD is working on fixing it.

If you do not use RMS, then the only recovery option will most likely be connecting to the router via a LAN cable. However, if you do use RMS, you should be able to downgrade to v7.2.7 and connect via the app that way.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
Thanks for your help.

I recovered the wifi by connecting lan to a pc.

Though it looks like the hard reset isn't working as it should.

Would you expect the hard reset to completely reset back to original state? It seems to have still remembered my password and installed packages. I would of expected this to be wiped by a hard reset?

Thanks.
by anonymous

Hello,

A hard reset should indeed wipe all of the settings from the router, except the SIM PIN.

Perhaps the button was not held for long enough or the function was changed/disabled? More information can be found here.

Restore via SMS could also be used in this case if your mobile plan supports sending/receiving SMS.

Let me know if any more information is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
The link you posted is the same procedure that I used. I can assure you I held it long enough. I did it multiple times and sometimes holding it for up to 30 seconds. Is it possible to hold for too long?

Might be something worth investigating unless I am holding it too long?

Thanks for your help. I'll also investigate sms sending/receiving
by anonymous

Tested it, and it all seems to be working.

When holding the reset button, signal strength LEDs will start lighting up from left to right. When it reaches the last LED, the RESET button can be released and the router will perform a factory reset and reboot. It seems like the timings have changed, as now the button needs to be held between 12 and 20 seconds. If it's held any longer, the router will assume that it's stuck and will ignore it.

Below is the screenshot of the default reset button configuration (higher resolution image):

Hope this clears it up.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
Ahhh ok. That may have been my issue.

Thanks for the excellent information and assistance.