FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
225 views 4 comments
by anonymous

I have a (Webboat link pro 4G+ router model RUT950) that went permanent offline after several days. I have been looking through the logs of the router and have not been able to find anything that might lead towards providing a root cause as to why this router failed. I will provide all the information about the device as well as the time range of when this router was offline and I would like to know if there any more information that could be provided as to what might have occurred in this situation.

The device firmware is IT007_R_57.06.07.31

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

For starters, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

One thing to consider is a firmware update to official Teltonika version. You will probably not be able to update straight to RUT2_R_00.07.0  and above, or at all, depending on the product code of your device, thus try RUT9XX_R_00.06.09.2

Be aware that since IT007 and RUT9XX firmware versions are different, device will probably not pass 06.09.2 firmware validation and will require to install only a fresh copy of the firmware with the previous configuration reset to default values in order to prevent the device from bricking.

Best regards,

by anonymous
hi ZygimantasBliu,

Kindly, check your PM. I already sent to you the troubleshoot file.

Thank you very much for your help.
by anonymous

I do see that wireless client is disconnected seconds after establishing connectivity. 

One of the ways to workaround your issue would be by configuring periodic device reboot once a day some time at night, if a short loss of connection does not disrupt other processes. This can be done in Services -> Auto reboot -> Periodic reboot page. 

Are disconnects from RMS related to mobile connectivity loss? Are they periodic? Automatic modem reboot on mobile data disconnect instances could be configured too in Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping reboot page in attempt to restore connectivity without having to login to the router. 

I cannot tell if your custom firmware is based on legacy WebUI design, or current RutOS. If it is based on RutOS, there is an option called "Disassociate On Low Acknowledgement" in Network -> Wireless -> [Wireless interface settings] -> Advanced settings tab. You could try disabling it. This might counter WiFi disconnects issue.

by anonymous

Hi...I have done follow your method to minimize the issue, but unfortunately still facing issue on connectivity. Please refer image that I have done

When the status router in RMS is RED, user at site cannot connect with Wi-Fi but the mobile connection is connected as well. The issue is not for 1 router but all router at site.

by anonymous
Was this on configuration done custom firmware your device shipped with or did you flash some RutOS version?

If not, could you try official firmware on one of the devices? If the issue persists, attach a troubleshoot file from the device with new firmware.

Best regards,