FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,540 views 5 comments
by anonymous

Hi all,

may please explain the differences between this interfaces eth0.1, eth0, eth1,br-lan? Which physical ports on RUT950 does them refer to

Thanks

Kind regards

by anonymous
Many thanks.

This means that eth0 ports cannot be splitted in anyway right? Only Lan4/WAN port can be configured to act as Lan or Wan?

Regards
by anonymous

You can configure LAN port as WAN, however, configuring is not as straightforward as configuring WAN port as LAN. For reference configuration, please refer to this link.

by anonymous
Sorry, missing link in your answer. Please resend it.

Thanks

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

eth0 denotes a physical switch device within the router, which appends ports LAN1, LAN2 and LAN3. 

eth1 is a separate hardware device notation for WAN port. 

eth0.1 usually means VLAN with ID 1, which is default VLAN. This is a logical notation, thus not necessarily associated with a physical port, but rather a tag value in the packet's header.

br-lan is a bridged interface, which, depending on your router's configuration, means that it can contain several physical interfaces (eth0, wlan0(wireless LAN interface)) under a single virtual interface.

Best regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
Thanks.

Useful!!
0 votes
by anonymous
What I want to achieve with RUTXR1 is to change the SFP WAN Port to LAN and use one of the internal switch LAN port as WAN.

Do you think this as possible?

Thanks
by anonymous

I encourage you to try. I do not have SFP connection to test the set up you want to achieve, but, I assume, configuring SFP WAN to LAN should be similar to what is instructed here.