So, using that curl command I can send via http data from my macbook to ubidots. I also have a python script running that successfully sends data via mqtt. That script however is using TLS.
So, I've tried to setup the rutx11 to use TLS, changed the port to 8883 and used the certificate file from ubidots as the certificates file. Does not work.
BTW, should the MQTT publisher itself also not be enabled? I tried with and without, with TLS and without, but it still won't work. QoS set to 1.
So a few check questions :
1) Are you really sure I only need to setup MQTT under "data to server", and the publisher does not need to run?
2) client ID to stay empty, and password to stay empty?
3) I have not rebooted the rutx11 every time I made a config change. Should I?
4) wiki documentation : on the RUTX11 MQTT page as well as the "send data to server" pages there is no reference to each other. It would be nice if those pages were more clear on eg the "data to server" not needing the MQTT publisher to be enabled. Because my thinking automatically is : the MQTT publisher is a generic = core process, it needs to be enabled before the "data to server" would even work. However the "data to server" page also has fields for the URL, so on the otherhand that indicates it can be on its own. But MQTT needs a publisher, my assumption is that in my use case the RUTX11 is the publisher.....
5) also in the documentation, sometimes the JSON strings show a variable %a that is not enclosed by double-quotes, while I think it should?
6) also on TLS, the teltonika wiki is not clear - perhaps for a specialist it is, but eg the ubidots system only has one pem file while the rutx11 screen has options for 3. For a newby it is hard to judge what is needed when.
Anyway, I've spent many hours trying to switch RUTX11 options on and off, experimenting really... Don't know what to do anymore.
Also I was hoping there are logs that would show MQTT connection problems, but I could not find them.
Hope you can assist.... thanks!