FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
210 views 1 comments
by anonymous
My RUT240 has been running for three years now without significant issues. Since FW upgrade to RUT2_R_00.07.03.2 I noticed some weird behavior: Once to twice a day I need to reboot, because there is no response from the router anymore. No internet traffic passed, web interface not reachable anymore, DHCP server stops handing out addresses, etc.

This morning it was still working but terribly slow (1mbit/s before reboot, 30mbit/s after).

As I said I haven't had any of these issues before. I had the feeling (althought I don't have any monitoring/alerting in place) when just randomly looking at CPU utilization, that has gone up a lot after the FW upgrade.

I just rolled back to RUT2_R_00.07.03.1 and will report if that helped in the long run. Anybody else facing issues?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Did you update the firmware with 'keep settings' turned on? It is recommended to update firmware with 'keep settings' turned off when updating to a newer major version, like from 7.02 to 7.03. 

Could you please reinstall the firmware via bootloader? Instructions are available here. Please, keep in mind that you will lose your current configuration. If it does not help, please, download a troubleshoot file and attach it to your question. Troubleshoot file can be downloaded from System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous
Hi Andzej,

thanks for your reply! Indeed I upgraded with "keep settings" option. I will try to reset the RUT240 and see if that fixes my issues. Will keep you posted.

Thanks and regards,

Jonas