FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
175 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello I installed SDK for RUT241 it compiles the SDK but I will like to make some customization:

Add some custom scripts in the package

Add some project/source code to compile, generate binaries and to be included in the SDk

I did not find any tuto on how to process step by step

I tried gcc directly but doesnt work onthe target I need to cross compile

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There are no tutorials for your desired modifications for RutOS.

An example of development of new programs for OpenWRT systems (RutOS is based on OpenWRT) is provided in the following link: https://openwrt.org/inbox/eclipse.

There is a detailed documentation on the topic for programming "Hello world" is provided here: https://openwrt.org/docs/guide-developer/helloworld/start

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hi thanks a lot but this documentation has a lot of inconsistencies

I tried to compile but still issues with the make file

dev@ubuntu:~/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl$ make package/helloworld/compile -j1 V=s

make[1]: Entering directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl'

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/package/libs/toolchain'

echo "libc" >> /home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/pkginfo/toolchain.default.install

echo "libgcc" >> /home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/pkginfo/toolchain.default.install

echo "libpthread" >> /home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/pkginfo/toolchain.default.install

echo "librt" >> /home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/staging_dir/target-mipsel_24kc_musl/pkginfo/toolchain.default.install

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/package/libs/toolchain'

time: package/libs/toolchain/compile#0.13#0.04#0.18

make[2]: Entering directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/package/helloworld'

Makefile:48: *** missing separator (did you mean TAB instead of 8 spaces?).  Stop.

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/package/helloworld'

time: package/helloworld/compile#0.09#0.02#0.12

ERROR: package/helloworld failed to build.

make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:114: package/helloworld/compile] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl'

make: *** [/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/include/toplevel.mk:234: package/helloworld/compile] Error 2

dev@ubuntu:~/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl$ make package/helloworld/compile

make[1] package/helloworld/compile

make[2] -C package/libs/toolchain compile

make[2] -C package/helloworld compile

ERROR: package/helloworld failed to build.

make -r package/helloworld/compile: build failed. Please re-run make with -j1 V=s or V=sc for a higher verbosity level to see what's going on

make: *** [/home/dev/Desktop/RUT2M_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-ramips-rut2m-gpl/include/toplevel.mk:234: package/helloworld/compile] Error 1