FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
125 views 2 comments
by anonymous
How should I configure two "Route240" routers for wireless communication of two devices with fixed ip's?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide a topology of what do you mean by wireless communication with fixed IPs?

Do you need a WiFi extender within your LAN?

Do you want to reach networks behind RUTs over cellular network?

Best regards,
by anonymous
Hello, my configuration is:

LAN          Wireless         LAN

PLC1 <-> Router1 <-> Router2 <-> PLC2

PLC1 is a Modbus tcp/ip Master with a fixed ip.

PLC2 is a Modbus tcp/ip Slave with a fixed ip.

Modbus protocol is already programmed on the plc's, and works correctly with cable conexion.

I only need wireless communication (conexion) using the routers.

Should this next configuration be correct?

or

How must I assing the ip's and gateways?

PLC1:

ip xxx.xxx.xxx.201

Gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.1

(Asking to PLC2  xxx.xxx.xxx.202) (Or do I have to send my request to the Router2 ip?)

Router1:

ip xxx.xxx.xxx.1

Router2:

ip xxx.xxx.xxx.2

PLC2:

ip xxx.xxx.xxx.202

Gateway xxx.xxx.xxx.2

(Answering to PLC1 xxx.xxx.xxx.201)

Thanks a lot
by anonymous

Hello,

I would suggest to check this configuration example.

The idea here is that one of the RUT240 acts as a main device with DHCP server, switching capabilities and, preferably, provides internet access, while the other is a client to the first RUT's access point and rather provides access to the wireless medium to the devices connected to it, also connecting those devices into a single LAN network.

In your case, you will probably need to install Relay configuration package from Services -> Package manager in one of your RUTs, which will act as a wireless client. Next, configure second RUT as a wireless client to the first. Then in the same device navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> Relayd (firmware versions 7.3 and above), Add new instance by selecting lan interface, then assign wireless client interface.

Other than that, if your PLCs have static IPs, they will both have to point to the same RUT IP with DHCP server enabled as their gateway. This should be enough for the PLCs to communicate.

Best regards,