FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
305 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I am trying to configure a serial gateway on TRB142 device. I have a SIM card with a fixed IP inserted in the device and I can PING the device on this address and access it using the SSH.

I have configured the Serial Utilities - Over IP as a Server and I have defined the server TCP port. The server is accessible through the LAN network, but it is not accessible through the WAN network (fixed IP SIM card).

Is there something I am missing out or is there something else that needs to be configured to get the access to the Over IP server from the WAN network?
by anonymous
Hello,

port forwarding from the port on LAN IP address to the port on the WAN network in the firewall settings solved the problem.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

10.113.250.1 is not a public IP address routable over internet, unless you are in some internal network.

Could you login to the router via SSH and check, what is the output of the command:

• curl ifconfig.me

You may need to open 9876 port in router's Network -> Firewall -> Traffic rules -> [Add new instance] section.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous
Hello,

the IP is the part of the internal network, I can ping the IP and access the device using SSH through that IP. I have forwarded the local port 9876 to the WAN in the Firewall settings and it solved the problem.