FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
824 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

we are using RUT240 for our project, we have 7 of it, and other 6 work just fine, but some problem has occured in this one.

Problem description of Router RUT240
- update directly in WebUI with file or through server does not work. (orig. firmware: RUT2XX_R_00.01.14)
- update through bootloader menu successful (RUT2XX_R_00.01.14 → RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6 → RUT2_R_00.07.03.2).
- after that cannot log in, error message "Failed to load menu data".
- resetting the router works and then login, does not work, same error message "Failed to load menu data".
- downgrade via. Bootloader menu not successful.

any solutions and suggestions would be welcomed, thanks a lot :)

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you made any changes to your router's configuration recently?

Could you try logging via SSH? Download PuTTy client (link). Open it:

Use the following details:

• Host name: 192.168.1.1
  • Port: 22
  • Connection type: SSH
  • Press Open.

Enter root as username to login and your router's password, which might be the default router's password, if you have updated with Keep settings set to off or performed a factory reset.

If you were able to login, execute the following command:

• troubleshoot.sh

This will generate a troubleshoot file. Now to extract this file from the router, please download WinSCP. Install and open.

Enter following session details:

• File protocol: SCP
  • Hostname: 192.168.1.1
  • Username: root
  • Password: <routers_password>
  • Press Login

Navigate to /tmp folder, you should find troubleshoot file. Move it to your PC and attach it by editing your question. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

but i can note genearte the troubleshoot file, plz see following.

error message

by anonymous

No need for troubleshoot file anymore.

The screenshot shows enough. Your device has one of it's internal files corrupted. 

I'd like you to downgrade to RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6 with the following command:

• sysupgrade -F /tmp/RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.6_WEBUI.bin

The -F option should bypass validation. 

Next, I would need you to send me your router's serial number in a private message and discuss further details here.

Best regards, 

by anonymous

Oh, great, many thanks Žygimantas,

i've already downgraded, but i am just new here, how i can send a private message to you sad

by anonymous
Hi
I issue exactely  the same problem. How should I proceed?

Many thanks
by anonymous
Hello,

As instructed above, generate a troubleshoot file via SSH and send it to me in a private message. Also, write your device's serial number.

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hello,

I have the same problem with my RUTX09. I also get the "Command failed: Not found

Command failed: Method not found" message when I run the "troubleshoot.sh" command. Can you please help me with this? Thanks!