FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
121 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I am working on RUT956 router with firmware version RUT9M_R_00.07.03.2.

I am experiencing an openVPN connection issue when loading the configuration from file and enabling additional HMAC authentication (tls-auth) providing the corresponding key file.

From the CLI, I found out that the problem is the path of the uploaded file, so renaming it from ’/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.******.tls_authta.key’ to ’/etc/vuci-uploads/cbid.openvpn.******.tls_authta.key 1’ the connection finally works.

I noticed also that in the overview page the status of the VPN is disconnected even if it is effectively connected (instead in the detail section of the openvpn the status is right). 

Plus when sending the SMS command vnpinfo I got an unknown error.

I appended in attachment the reports of these issues. 

Is there any chance to include the fixes in the next release of the firmware? Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out!

• I am experiencing an openVPN connection issue when loading the configuration from file and enabling additional HMAC authentication (tls-auth) providing the corresponding key file.
    • Our RnD department is already informed about this issue and it will be fixed in the future update, however, the date for this is not known;
  • I noticed also that in the overview page the status of the VPN is disconnected even if it is effectively connected
    • This is also a know issue and should be fixed with the v7.4 release of RutOS;
  • Plus when sending the SMS command vnpinfo I got an unknown error.
    • I've managed to reproduce this issue when the device is in the client mode and reported it to our RnD team.
Thank you for bringing these issues up!
We apologize for any inconvience caused.

Best regards,
DaumantasG