FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,320 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Greetings,

I’m trying to set up a RUT240 I’ve just bought. Since I’ve already got an existing mesh-network with a router, I want the RUT240 to be in bridge-mode. I’m stuck however in finding out the MAC adress that needs to be put in. Is the MAC adress to be put in the one of my existing router or is it from any of the computers in my network? Regards, Jonas

2 Answers

0 votes
by
Hi,

I suggest that you are talking about mobile-lan bridge. You have to put MAC address of the device(computer) that you want to bridge with. Bridge only works with one device, so you have put a MAC address of that specific computer.
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for your swift reply!

You’re correct in assuming that it is a mobile-lan bridge mode I’m after.

So if I want to bridge it with an existing router, I need to put that routers MAC-adress in?
by
Yes, you have to put existing routers MAC address. Existing router should have dhcp client enabled on wan interface, so it would get mobiles IP address.
+1 vote
by
It must be the MAC-Adress of your routers WAN Port.

Best regards