FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
222 views 9 comments
by anonymous
I have an RUT950 which i remotely trying to reach, i wrote the wrong password too many times and now i cant reach it through  RMS or an OPENVPN.

Something must be blocking the connections.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The device has by default enabled monitoring of login attempts, and, once the number is reached beyond a certain value, firewall rule is generated and access of the WebUI is blocked for the IP address, which has tied to connect.

However, if you only failed to enter password for the WebUI, access over SSH should still be possible. There you can edit /etc/config/ip_blocked file by deleting the entry of your blocked IP, then restart firewall with /etc/init.d/firewall restart command.

You should be able to access WebUI again afterwards.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thank you! 

When trying to connect to device CLI in RMS i get; 

Failed to initialise ssh connection

by anonymous

RMS should prompt you with an option to unblock WebUI, when trying to access it:

Did you try that?

by anonymous
It says "WebUI is reachable", it seems like it's gonna give me a link but then "Failed to initialise SSH connection"
by anonymous

The troubleshoot file seems to contain OpenVPN configuration from currently unsupported format, which might be conflicting with the RMS connections.

Have you recently updated the device with Keep settings option enabled? 

As of now, I would suggest to reset the device to factory defaults and see if that helps.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I did the firmware update today to see if that was a solution.

Factoryresetting is the last way out. The router is 600km away.

Could it work with loading an old backup file?
by anonymous
I cannot confirm if the backup would work.

However, the device has wired WAN connectivity, which by default is chosen as a primary WAN source. Thus device should come online after reset.
by anonymous
Tried replacing with a new RUT950 with the same issues. I guess this is a firewallproblem at the site.

Anything i can do in the firewall to solve this?
by anonymous

Check the following link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/What_IP_addresses_and_ports_are_used_by_RMS%3F

It contains a list of ports and IPs used by RMS's different services and regions.

Best regards,