FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
141 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

My ISP provided me with a Huawei-B311-4290 modem, and there are a lot of restrictions on it. I am not able to run my LAN services as i would like to.

So i decided to switch to the RUT950 (latest FW installed). After the setup wizard and also some manual configuration, mainly manual APN settings, i get full signal and the ISP WAN IP address as well the DNS1/2 on the RUT950 device. It seems connected and there is a little bit of snd/rcv traffic recorded. Also "main WAN" is set to mobile.

Unfortunately, im not able to access the internet. In the tap diagnosis, im also not able to ping 8.8.8.8. After some troubleshooting i found that the WAN gateway address is 0.0.0.0. Im not sure if this is correct for WAN and why it does not recieve the correct gateway by itself.
I aslo suspect that the ISP locked my Huawai modem to the 4g service. Could this be a problem? Could the function "override MAC address" help?   

What other protocols do ISPs use to bind a specific modem to the service? Could it also be locked to the Huaweis IMEI? I also heard, that the ISP locks the modem to your location. So it would not be possible to move within the country with it.

Thank you for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I’ve uploaded the troubleshoot file to the initial post.

Thank you for your support.
by anonymous

The device seems unable to maintain continuous data connection, as it keeps constantly disconnected.

To test SIM being bound to your Huawei modem, have you tried inserting it into your smartphone and testing, if it gets proper data connection?

Mobile interface is identified by its IMEI, not MAC. It does not have an option to "override MAC address", thus there is not much that can be done.   

If mobile device works correctly, are you sure that APN value you have configured is correct? What value does the smartphone receive?

You should be able to upgrade your device to the latest 7.3.3 firmware, which you can download from here. Please, try that. Firmware image can be downloaded from here. Update with Keep settings option set to off.

Though signal indicators seem mostly good, SINR value during generation of the troubleshoot file is 1dB, which, according to this page, might be close to disconnection. Could you try placing the router in a different location?

Manually setting different frequency bands can also be tested. Bands can be set in Network -> Mobile -> General page in the WebUI by setting Band selection option to Manual

If the issue persists on 7.3.3 firmware, please generate another troubleshoot.