FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
155 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I would like NAT from a Local Private via our Corporate Network back to Private network using 2 RUTX08

Is this possible?

Private Network 192.168.1.1/24

Corporate Network 10.150.4.1/22

RUTX08-1: LAN 192.168.1.2 / WAN 10.150.4.100

RUTX08-1: LAN 192.168.1.3 / WAN 10.150.4.101

Regards,

Daniel

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out! 

Could you clarify if you need to join these networks?

This seems like it would be a perfect setup for OpenVPN TAP mode. This mode basically operates as a switch, joining up these networks. This way all of the devices will be able to reach one another.

To configure the OpenVPN in TAP mode, I'd recommend checking out our article on how to bridge two offices' LAN networks. Please keep in mind, that if more than one client will be connecting to the server, then TLS authentication will need to be used.

However, if this is not an option, then consider using port forwarding, as NAT is enabled on our routers by default.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous

Hi DaumantasG,

Both networks are in the same building so the VPN mode is not required.

I will check the port forwarding option

Regards,

Daniel

by anonymous
VPN tunnels can be established in the private network as well, in this case, it would only be useful for joining up the different networks with slave devices on the same subnet. It's mostly for convenience, rather than security or distance.

Let me know if any more help is needed!

Best regards,
DaumantasG