FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
482 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Good morning , I would like to have further info about the GLOBAL version of Teltonika RUT 955 Router

If I understood correctly , the main differences between the “standard version” and the “global version” are the frequencies covered …

The “GLOBAL version”  should support all the 4 G frequencies WW , am I correct ?

Do we have any potential  issue if we will use a GLOBAL version in Europe inserting European SIM cards ?

I am going to connect it to a Poynting A-PUCK-0005-V1-01 antenna , Operating frequencies 698-960 , 1710-2700 & 3400-3800 Mhz.

Also in this case ( Poynting A-PUCK-0005-V1-01 antenna ) , could we have any issue ? 

Thanks in advance and have a great day ahead .

Oscar

Teltonika RUT955

RUT955 is a highly reliable and secure 4G/LTE router with I/O, GNSS and RS232/RS485 intended for professional applications. The device delivers high performance, mission-critical cellular communication and GPS location capabilities and is equipped with connectivity redundancy through Dual-SIM failover. External antenna connectors make it possible to attach desired antennas and to easily find the best signal location.

REGION

This router is available in different variants namely EU – UK – USA and Worldwide.
Please contact us if you want to be sure whether the frequency bands of the Teltonika RUT955 variant are suitable for your application or location of use.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

we are using this router in our CamperVan since 2 years and had no issues so far (SIMs of > 10 different EU countries used).

we bought this version in order to have a device for South America and don't expect any issues.

Best answer
by anonymous

Nice to know is working fine WW , I am going to install it on my van too connected to a Poynting A-PUCK-0005-V1-01 antenna.

Thanks !

Oscar

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If I understood correctly , the main differences between the “standard version” and the “global version” are the frequencies covered …

Differences are related to mobile modem version used within the device. They differ in, as you have, suggested supported bands, also operating modes (2G, 3G, 4G) and certifications. More details about each version can be found here under Ordering tab.

The “GLOBAL version”  should support all the 4 G frequencies WW , am I correct ?

That is true, however, this modem is not certified to operate under AT&T, Verizon, T - Mobile operators. 

Do we have any potential  issue if we will use a GLOBAL version in Europe inserting European SIM cards ?

No issue to use the device within Europe.

Also in this case ( Poynting A-PUCK-0005-V1-01 antenna ) , could we have any issue ? 

This is a very good all-in-one solution, no possible issues that I can think of.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks mate , could you kindly confirm that the Product Code for the GLOBAL version for RUT 955 will start with Z******?

I suppose also the Firmware for this version will be different compare to the standard version.

How I can identify the GLOBAL Firmware version ? Thanks !

Have a nice ahead, ciao

Oscar

by anonymous

Global versions have product codes starting with: RUT955 V*****.

Modem has its own separate firmware for each modem version, but it is rare that it would have to be updated from the factory version. As for RUT955 itself, devices with all modems use the same firmware, which can be downloaded here.

Best regards,