FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
162 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello.

Even if I do the settings from the WebUI, when I restart the RUT240, it returns to the initial state. When I connected with SSH and checked, I couldn't find the directory for /overlay/upper/etc/config. Will rewriting F/W fix it?

Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you check if device reset to factory defaults (login to the WebUI, navigate to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings) solves the issue?

Another suggestion is to update your router's firmware using bootloader menu. Instructions are provided here.

If the above do not help, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello ZygimantasBliu, 

I'm sorry, it was a mistake that /overlay/upper/etc/config was missing.

As a result of updating the firmware from the bootloader menu according to your instructions provided, the issue no longer reproduces.

I send you the troubleshoot file before the firmware update. It's firmware is very old, but it works fine on other RUT240s. I would appreciate it if you could comment.

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=812440466125130507

Best regards,

by anonymous

Hello,

Can't really tell the reason for the issue, there indeed seems to be an issue with overlay partition during boot sequence, due to which configuration data, installed packages, other files are stored in RAM, which, of course, get removed after reboot. Some of the logs:

• [    8.460000] mount_root: switching to jffs2 overlay
  • [    8.470000] overlayfs: cleanup of 'work/work' failed (-93)
  • [    8.480000] overlayfs: failed to create directory /overlay/work/work
  • [    8.490000] mount_root: mount failed: No such device, options lowerdir=/,upperdir=/overlay/upper,workdir=/overlay/work
  • [    8.500000] mount_root: switching to jffs2 failed - fallback to ramoverlay

by anonymous
Hello,

Problem was solved. Thank you very much!

Best regards,