FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
177 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Mobile connection does work in the legacy firmware, but no longer does it work in the new gen firmware. I've done the factory reset multiple times, and applied the new FW without migrating any settings. The connection seems to start but it disconnects immediately. Hardware revision of this device is #0005.
by anonymous

Hello There,

Same here !

After firmware upgrade from RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 to RUT2_R_00.07.03.3, mobile connection is instable and goes down after one second.

Tried restore factory settings, "Auto APN" advise, nothing worked.

Batch number is 0004

Hardware revision is 0005

Is there anything more I can do ?

Thank you.

I was not able to attach the troubleshoot file to this message. 

by anonymous
Hello,

Please send it in a private message.

Best regards,
by anonymous
I have been trying to update the modem firmware for several days now and it seems to be a dead end for this hardware revision. My solution is to fall back to previous device firmware. Is it so that the device firmware RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 works fine in your case?
by anonymous

Yes, the firmware RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 seems to work fine.

Have not tried versions between the RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 and the last one (RUT2_R_00.07.03.3).

by anonymous

I can also confirm that mobile connection with RUT2_R_00.07.02.7 firmware version does work a-ok, while the next version RUT2_R_00.07.03 doesn't. My device batch number is 003.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

A brief suggestion would be to try using a custom APN, based on your service provider in Network -> Interfaces -> [mob1s1a1] settings -> [Disable Auto APN slider button].

Otherwise, I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, make sure to replicate the issue with the new firmware version, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Thanks for the quick response. I already tried configuring a custom APN, but it didn't have any effect on this issue.

I've attached the troubleshooting file.
by anonymous
It seems like the router has issues communicating with the modem.

The modem's firmware is very old, so this might be the reason for the issue.

I will send you instructions on how to perform an update in a private message.

Best regards,