FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
238 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT240 Batch Nr 100 and some older ones. Both have the same Firmware 0.7.3.3

Configuring the two devices with the same settings lead to different behaviour.

The devices acting as DHCP server on the LAN Port.

My Laptop is connected to the LAN Port of the older device. The Laptop gets an IP Address and the connection between the Laptop and the teltonika router is stable.

When connecting the Laptop to the newer device (batch 100) it also gets an IP Address. But the connection between the Laptop and the router is lost after about 3 minutes. I can check this with a ping to the router.

The same issue happens with another PC.

So my question: Are there known issues with this batch?

Thanks a lot.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

No known, reproducible issues of this kind are known.

Does the issue occur for this a single device or are there more?

How do you recover, does a simple reboot work, or do you have to reset the device to factory defaults?

Could you enable logging to router's flash? This would allow to save device logs, if the device reboot is mandatory to recover.

To do this, login to router's WebUI, navigate to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot -> Logging settings. Set option Save log in to Flash memory

Then, wait till the issue replicates. After you are able to login again, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Attach the file by editing your question.

The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue. 

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
Hello,

Thanks for the fast reply. I have made some more tests and the result is the following:

I have a new router with installed FW 0.1.14.3

I make an Update with my own config tool an 0.1.14.4 and after rebooting another FW Update to 0.7.0.3. With this update I also make some settings. All done with SSH Shell. (one setting ist reducing the lease Time of DHCP)

After rebooting my PC, connected to the router, gets an DHCP IP Adress and the lease Time is set up correct when checking it with ipconfig -all.

Normally the PC should check the IP at the half of the lease time. This does not work. So the leasetime will come and the connection between PC and router is broken.

In this situation I have to reboot the router to get a connection between PC and router again (after the lease time it disconnects again).

To fix this situation I can Reset the Router to factory settings )5seconds reset button) and do the configuration again. After that my PC can check the IP after the half of lease time and the lease time will be increased.

So the question is what setting, perhaps coming from the older Firmware, prevents that my PC can update the IP and leasetime after the half of the lease time?

Best regards Andreas
by anonymous

Hello, 

There is no setting, preventing DHCP renewals. Without logs or packet capture it is difficult to tell.

Might be some issue specific to that firmware version fixed later, or some migration issue due to firmware update with Keep settings enabled.

In any case, it is always recommended to stick with the latest firmware, never update higher than two firmware iterations, if settings are kept and, whenever possible, update with Keep settings option disabled.

Best regards,