FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
255 views 8 comments
by anonymous

I have a RUT955 that has been off for a couple of months.  We powered it up today and it was very slow, so we updated code to RUT9_R_00.07.03.3.  It wouldn't get online.  The LEDs would blink while it booted, then all LEDs would go off,

I downgraded to 7.01.2 and the unit is functional, but still no internet.  If I ping 8.8.8.8 it doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

I tried the 2 things you suggested.  Still offline.

I then defaulted.  Still offline.  Troubleshooting file is attached.

by anonymous
I cleared the route like you asked me to.

When I reboot the router, it comes back.  

Does that indicate another problem, or does this need to be set somewhere else to be persistent?

I will also note that the status LED blinks alternating red & green.  The signal strength LEDs are all off after it boots also.

Is there a possibility that this code is NOT compatible with this hardware?
by anonymous

The device does not seem to store APN value.

Could you reflash device firmware, following instructions here?

Be aware that the latest firmware version you can upload depends on the looks of the http://192.168.1.1/index.html page. It is explained under Bootloader menu page.

If that does not help, would it be possible to arrange a remote to take a look at your device?

Best regards,

by anonymous
Is there a way to find the revision of the bootloader?  I have loaded code several times already and I wonder if the problem is the version of the bootloader.

I will try the bootloader method in about 20 minutes.

The UI says it is bootloader version 4.0.7.  will this be okay with code 7.03.3?
by anonymous

The bootloader version is correct. It should be compatible with 7.03.3 firmware. The design of http://192.168.1.1/index.html is the best indication. It should not accept firmware otherwise.

Best regards,

by anonymous

Thanks for the feedback.  Since I don't see download files for the bootloader, am I correct that this version was put there by the new firmware 7.03.3?  Is there any way to tell if this firmware (and bootloader) are compatible with the hardware?  Is there a possibility that this newer firmware is incompatible with my hardware?

What I see on the WEBUI is:

Device name     RUT955

Product code    RUT955W03XXX

Bootloader version     4.0.7

Serial number     1113788761

Hardware revision     1714

Batch number     0104

by anonymous
It is because bootloader update is not usually recommended, unless it is some edge case.

Bootloader is flashed during the manufacturing process of the device. The version uploaded is determined by RnD to be compatible with the hardware.

There is no reason why newer firmware is incompatible with your hardware.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to attach a troubleshoot file to your question. Please, update the device to RUT9_R_00.07.03.3, make sure to replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. The logs in the file might provide more insight into the issue.

Attached files are private and visible only to Teltonika Moderators.

Best regards,

by anonymous
I just posted 2 troubleshooting files.

The unit had been working until we updated it to 07.03.3.  We then downgraded it.  Still didn't work.  I got a troubleshooting file, then upgraded again to 07.03.3 and got another troubleshooting file.
by anonymous

Hello,

7.01.2 indicates device status as registered and connected, however, there is a route in it's routing table:

Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags   MSS Window  irtt Iface
0.0.0.0         192.168.1.1     0.0.0.0         UG        0 0          0 br-lan

which prevents your traffic to be forwarded to the internet.

To remove it, login to the device via SSH and execute this command:

• ip route del 0.0.0.0/0 via 192.168.1.1 dev br-lan

As for 7.03.3 firmware, the same route seems to exist there as well. Did you update with Keep settings option set to on? Could you reset the device to factory defaults and check if it is still present? 

Also, it seems that there is an issue of obtaining correct APN with auto setting. To edit the value manually, please login to router's WebUI, navigate to Network -> Interfaces -> [mob1s1a1]. Edit interface settings, set Auto APN option to off and enter custom value, which is:

• vzwinternet

See if that helps.

Best regards,