FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
163 views 7 comments
by anonymous
I have inserted the SIM into the router, but it stays on "searching" for operator state and never connects. But when the SIM is inserted into an iphone, it works perfectly. Here is a screenshot attached. This is the latest firmware.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

A troubleshoot file would be helpful in this case. It can be generated by navigating to System → Administration → Troubleshoot. The file can be attached to the original post and will only be visible to Teltonika moderators.

An issue could be in the APN being used. To find the correct APN, please refer to your carrier's website or contact them directly. APN can be set by navigating to Network → Interfaces → General → and clicking the pencil icon on the mob1s1a1. Disable the auto APN, select the APN option as --Custom-- and in the Custom APN field enter the provided APN.

Best regards,
DaumantasG

by anonymous
I have set the custom APN. Attached troubleshooting file to the original post.
by anonymous
Hello,

Firstly, you have the wrong device, which is not intended to operate in your region. This order code is intended for South America, Australia, New Zealand, and Taiwan. However, the LTE bands are the same as your operator uses, so this should not be an issue as long as Jio does not require certifications.

One thing you could try, is setting the PDP to IPv4/IPv6 and seeing if the IPv6 address gets assigned. IPv6-only could also be tried.

Another thing, I can see that you have manually selected an operator to connect to. Are you sure these are the correct MNC and MCC values? Does the device connect when it's set to Auto?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I have tried the auto APN and auto operator selection and it just stays on "searching". The IPv6 solved it!
by anonymous
That seems to have solved this, but the "data connection state" keeps changing between disconnected and connected, despite everything else being unchanged. Signal is -68. What could cause this?
by anonymous
Hello,

I'd need another troubleshoot to determine the cause of this issue.

Please keep in mind, that if you have an IPv6-only connection, the IPv6 settings section on the LAN interface should also be configured accordingly to provide the IPv6 addresses to the clients.

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I have locked the unit to B5 and it solved the disconnect issue. As for the IP issue, if there any way to maintain a LAN IP subnet of 192.168.1.0 and still have the carrier do IPv6 only?
by anonymous

Hello,

LAN communication between devices using IPv4 will still be possible. All of the devices will be assigned their own private IPv4 address, as well as link-local IPv6 and other IPv6 scopes. However, you'll not be able to access IPv4-only websites, but as they are (thankfully) dying out these days, that should not be an issue.

You could try contacting your carrier, perhaps they are still able to provide IPv4 addresses using CG-NAT, however, that is the only real option available here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG