FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
77 views 0 comments
by anonymous
I'm still new to teltonika products but I've provided an rutx11 to clients on the fields and sometimes I need to access it and do some modifications.

My client is 200 miles away and last week I accidently changed internal router parameters. In a second I lost access, disabled service to my client and had to drive there to fix the issue.

Isn't there some kind of failsafe that would revert to a previous setting if connexion can't be established after a change ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, there are no automatically created recovery points.

You could configure the device to perform automatic connection health checks and restart modem or router when connection loss is detected.

This can be done in the WebUI Services -> Auto reboot -> Ping/Wget reboot.

However, if the change is network related, it will not be much of help.

If you know the exact change you have made in your configuration and the router can send SMS, you can make changes using UCI interface and SMS messages.

Maybe you could configure a crontab to make periodic backups with the command:

• sysupgrade -b /tmp/backup.tar.gz 

Then add a script to test mobile connection and, when loss is detected, last backup is restored:

#!/bin/ash
while [1]; do
 sleep 300
 while[1]; do
    sleep 5
    ping 8.8.8.8 -s 0 -c 3 -q >/dev/null
    ret$?
    if [$ret -ne 0]; then
       sysupgrade -r /tmp/backup.tar.gz
       break 
    fi
 done