FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
499 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi, i want to limit download speed for some apps or websites on my RUT950. Is it possible and if yes, how? I don't want to limit all the trafic, just some apps like YouTube etc.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

QoS package can be used to set traffic priorities. The QoS package can be downloaded from the package manager. 

Basically, you will need to configure the interface to which the rules will apply and set the desired speed limits. Then, under classification rules, you can set classification for the desired website. For example, selecting the target as 'Bulk' (lowest priority) or 'Normal' (higher priority, but still lower than 'priority' and 'express' priorities). The priorities from the most important to the least important are as follows: Priority > Express > Normal > Bulk. In the destination host field, enter the IP addresses of the website. You can use 'nslookup' command, for example, 'nslookup www.youtube.com' to resolve IP addresses. Keep in mind that YouTube's IP addresses can change. You can find more information about QoS on our wiki page here and on the official openWRT website here.

Kind Regards,

Andzej

by anonymous

Other devices will see this and will be able to use to connect to your wireless network. 4. Mode. Access Point (AP). 

mobdro app

verizon internet login

by anonymous
Thanks for your answer, but unfortunately it didn't work. I set the download and upload limits for the interface and then in the classification rules section, I added all the ip addresses of the application to the destination host and set them to the lowest priority. this way all my connection slowed down. When I removed the limits in the interface section, everything was back to the way it was, so I couldn't limit the application I wanted.
by anonymous

Hi,

This is correct. The limit is set for the interface, so all traffic on that interface will be limited to the set bandwitdh. QoS wll not set a spicifc bandwidth for one application as you probably imagine. The QoS is rather used to prioritize traffic, ensuring that the important traffic gets enough bandwidth. You can find QoS information on the OpenWRT website here. Using port numbers would probably be the better option in your case.

Kind Regards,

Andzej