FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
407 views 13 comments
by anonymous

Hi everyone. I have a failure building the stock GPL SDK for TRB500 - no config changes, just the stock config. ### ANY SUGGESTIONS WELCOME FOR HOW TO TROUBLESHOOT ### Previous versions build perfectly, but TRB5_R_00.07.03.2 fails (I have attached a ZIP archive of the full "make" build log). I'm using Ubuntu 20.04.5 LTS (Focal Fossa) on a Docker instance (latest version for Windows 11: Docker Desktop 4.16.3 96739). The error highlights from the "make" log are as follows:

1st errors I noticed:
WARNING: Makefile 'package/teltonika/qualcomm/data/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'qti-common-headers', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/teltonika/qualcomm/data/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'android-system-core-headers', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/teltonika/qualcomm/libcutils/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'android-system-core-headers', which does not exist
WARNING: Makefile 'package/teltonika/qualcomm/libqmi-ex/Makefile' has a build dependency on 'qti-common-headers', which does not exist

2nd error I noticed:
make[6]: Entering directory '/home/user/TRB5_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-sdxprairie-trb5-gpl/build_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/Python-3.9.7'
find build -type f -a ! -name '*.gc??' -exec rm -f {} ';'
find: 'build': No such file or directory
make[6]: [Makefile:1890: clean-retain-profile] Error 1

3rd error I noticed:
postinst script ./usr/lib/opkg/info/zerotier.postinst has failed with exit code 127
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:72: package/install] Error 1

...and the overall final result is reported as this error:
make[1]: *** [package/Makefile:109: /home/user/TRB5_R_GPL_00.07.03.2/rutos-sdxprairie-trb5-gpl/staging_dir/target-arm_cortex-a7+neon-vfpv4_musl_eabi/stamp/.package_install] Error 2

Comments and suggestions invited.....
Thanks, Virgil.

by anonymous

...just to elaborate on the self-help steps I've attempted (but made no difference):

• Cleared cache and updated source certificates (sudo update-ca-certificates)
  • Ensured that I have all of the Linux packages in the README file
  • Ensured that I have fixed any broken Lnux packages, and have upgraded all packages to latest versions
  • Ran make "dirclean", and also completey removed the directory, downloaded and extracted a fresh copy of the GPL SDK
  • Opened and saved the config file ("make menuconfig")
  • Always ensured that "make" task was run using only 1 CPU ("make -j1")
  • Created a make log file: make -j1 V=sc 2>&1 | tee makelog.log | grep -i -E "^make.*(error|[12345]...Entering dir)"

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you post the full makelog somewhere ?

Regards,
by anonymous

On Fedora37 execute "sudo dnf install lz4", it is not installed by default and it isn't mentioned in the Readme.

Commands:

tar xovfz Downloads/TRB5_R_GPL_00.07.03.2.tar.gz
cd rutos-sdxprairie-trb5-gpl
unset which
./scripts/feeds update -a
time make -k

by anonymous

Hi. I installed Fedora 37 as you suggested, but sadly failed to even make it off the starting line!
When I tried to "dnf install" the required packages in the Teltonika README, I get this error:

Error: Unable to find a match: build-essential fastjar java-propose-classpath java-wrappers libelf-dev libffi-dev libncurses5-dev libncursesw5-dev libssl-dev node-gyp libnode-dev python2.7-dev python3-distutils u-boot-tools zlib1g-dev

If I try to update the feeds ("./scripts/feeds update -a") I get this error:

Can't locate FindBin.pm in @INC (you may need to install the FindBin module) (@INC contains: /usr/local/lib64/perl5/5.36 /usr/local/share/perl5/5.36 /usr/lib64/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/share/perl5/vendor_perl /usr/lib64/perl5 /usr/share/perl5) at ./scripts/feeds line 3.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at ./scripts/feeds line 3.

Clearly I can't expect "free" support from you on this forum, and you've been very helpful so far. I did raise a VIP Ticket with Teltonika on 5-Feb and I await a reply from them.

by anonymous
I'll send you the list of packages I have on my machine tomorrow.
by anonymous

Hi. Just to keep you informed, after going to all of the trouble of: (1) configuring a new VPS instance on VM Ware; (2) Installing your recommended OS Fedora 37; (3) installing your recommended packages; (4) waiting hours for the build to run.

The result is.....exactly the same error:

postinst script ./usr/lib/opkg/info/zerotier.postinst has failed with exit code 127
make[2]: *** [package/Makefile:72: package/install] Error 1

I think we can safely stop wasting our time and admit that this is a problem with Teltonika development scripts that we're not going to solve. I will advise my client to abandon the inclusion of the ZeroTier package for TRB500...which rules out TRB500 as a viable candidate for the time being.

Have a great weekend,

Virgil

by anonymous
Sorry for the bad news. If you are interested I can give you the results of the build (large files but manageable) and even the full build tree.