FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
132 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I am familiar with using the read functions - a device register is read and the value associated with the requestor tag.
I want to setup some local means to identify whether the telemetry is still active.
To do that the Teltonika can just write a value to a device register which the local device would clear.

Thereby toggling would indicate ongoing ModBussing
Where is the value to be written placed in the requestor when using function 6? or the multiple values when using func 16 ?

Associated with this, how can I push the  YY MM DD HH MM SS values to a device using function 6 ?
or... an alternative would be to push the local unixtime using function 6 and then pull that apart in the device
That could achieve time synchronization.... I assume the teltonika continuously / regularly uses NTP to keep its time perfect ?

I suppose I could write a shell script which would push the above time data into a custom modbus block

and then read those custom block values with requestors, but how then to write those values to device registers using function 6 /16 ?
by anonymous
OK, so I'm surprised to discover that out of the box, doing a basic
16bit INT, high byte first:  set single holding register(6) :  10007 :  1
writes a 1 into that register...
Why 1 and not zero ? or 0xff ? of 0xffff ?

How to write some specific static value ?
How to write a dynamic value from some operating register ?

Anyway, I am pleased that the most basic function is working and
matches the previous connection detection scheme I devised...
on rtrig: Increment counter, zero the bit...
by anonymous
On the way home I had an aha moment.

The field after the address is not needed to specify the number of registers so it (may be) used as a data source  ...

I will test that idea tomorrow...

Sure enough... the Register Count / Values field is indeed the static value which gets sent by  function 6

and by function 16 for a single value. I have not found any way to specify multiple values

space comma semi-colon and any other non-numeric digit (except - to denote a negative number) are allowed.
The documentation is super-vague / non-existent on this.
There should be _explicit_ examples of both function 6 and 16 syntax in the manual.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I am new on this device, where can I modify the APN and which troubleshooting file will give me which APN it is trying to connect to.

Thanks

Drive Mad

by anonymous
System / Wizard / Mobile

Turn auto APN off

Then enter the apn of your connection service