FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
255 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I have been trying to fix a RUTX11 that stopped working after updating to RUTX_R_00.07.03.4

See this thread

The symptom as of right now are:

1) Cannot enter bootloader recovery mode. I have tried every sort of combination of timing, holding the button, etc but this device just ignores it. The Reset button definitely works because I can hear it click and also pressing it while the unit is booted up does cause it to reset.

2) The device will not connect to the LTE provider - the SIM state is "Inserted" and all data reads (IMEI, ICCID number etc) but the state is constantly "Disconnected". I have tried factory resetting, rolling back firmware, manually setting APNs, copying settings from other known-working units with the same carrier... nothing is working. The carrier is US MOBILE (Verizon MVNO in USA) and all of my other RUT devices are using this same carrier. I have contacted the carrier to be sure that the device/IMEI/ICCID is not blacklisted, out of service etc). I tried flashing all the way back to an old firmware RUTX_R_00.02.06.1 and that seemed to work for a short time, I was able to connect to LTE and data was flowing. But, after some time I tried to update firmware again and then the connection was down.

The unit is from Batch 0025, Hardware revision 0808 if that helps (all of my RUTX11 except 1 are from that batch, and this is the only one giving me major issues right now)

The modem firmware is EG06ALAR04A01M4G (latest I think) 

Troubleshoot file is attached.

Please help if you can, thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Usually, failure to enter the bootloader is a good indication of hardware failure. Are you experiencing any issues on this device when updating the firmware? When trying to boot into the bootloader mode, does the device simply go into the RutOS? If so, could you explain the steps you're taking?

As for the device not connecting to the LTE provider, could you try a different SIM in this device and see if that changes anything?

Best regards,
DaumantasG
by anonymous
I opened a VIP ticket on this as well by the way - #232770

Yes the device usually just boots into RutOS. It appears to work fine except for not being able to connect to the LTE provider. I have already tried putting in a new SIM and that did not work. I want to re-state that this device was working 100% fine, the only thing I did to "brick" it was just a routine firmware upgrade to 07.03.4. So I doubt and really hope this is not hardware failure.

I hope there is some process or procedure for reflashing this device. Do I need a JTAG cable or something?
by anonymous
Hello,

In that case, I'd recommend continuing this case in the VIP ticket.

As for reflashing the device, the bootloader is usually the last option if everything goes sideways. Your modem firmware is indeed the latest, so the RnD department might be needed to understand the root cause of the issue. Let me know if any further help is needed here.

Best regards,
DaumantasG